SSC CHSL 2020-21 Notification details
Table of Contents
The Staff Selection Commission has released the official notification for ssc chsl ,Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) on 6th November 2020. This exam is conducted by SSC every year to recruit officials to fulfill vacancies in different ministries/ departments of the Government of India.The recruitment in this particular exam in done for various posts such as :
- Lower Divisional clerk(LDC)
- Data Enntry Operator (DEO)
- Postal Assistant
- Sorting Assistant
- Court Clerk
The Online Application Process for SSC CHSL 2020-21 was started on 6th Nov 2020 and the last date to complete the application is 15th December 2020. So, Candidates are advised to complete their online application form and payment of fees timely to avoid a last-minute rush.
Students are advised to adhere to important dates of SSC CHSL 2020 official notification to avoid any confusion thereafter.
|SSC CHSL Exam 2020 Events||SSC CHSL Imp Dates|
|CHSL Notification out||6th November 2020|
|SSC CHSL Online Application Starts||6th November 2020|
|Last date for Online Applications||15th December 2020|
|Last Date for payment of application fee in online mode||17th December 2020|
|Last date for payment of fees through offline challan||19th December 2020|
|Tier – 1 CHSL Exam Date||12th April to 27th April 2021|
|Tier – 1 Admit Card Released||27 March 2021|
|Tier – II exam dates||to be notified later|
SSC CHSL 2020 : Online Application Process
As the official notification of SSC CHSL 2020-21 is out, now interested candidates can apply for the same from the official website of the Staff Selection Commission(SSC). In order to be eligible for the recruitment process of SSC CHSL 2020-21 examination candidate must follow these steps:
- Redirect to the Official website of SSC – https://ssc.nic.in/.
- If you are a new user then click on New User and create your account and save your username and password for future references. while the Existing user can log in with their username and password.
- Under the latest Notifications Tab check for Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination, 2020, and click on Apply.
- Complete the Application form and fill in the necessary details carefully and finally proceed with payments.
- then. you can print your online Application Form for SSC CHSL 2020-21.
NOTE : In the online Application Form, candidates are required to upload the scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). The photograph should not be more than three months old from the date of publication of the Notice of Examination, and, the date on which the photograph has been taken should be clearly printed on the photograph. Applications without such a date printed on the photograph will be rejected. Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should be without a cap, spectacles and both ears should be visible.
SSC CHSL 2020 : Application fee
- Applicants belonging from General/OBC Category are liable to pay Rs 100/-
- whereas No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates as they are exempted under reservation from paying the fee.
- Fees can be paid through online mode by UPI, credit or debit card,or through offline mode by generating an SBI challan online.
SSC CHSL 2020 Salary Structure :
The given table shows the remuneration received by selected candidates in differents posts in different ministries and departments of Govt. of India, with pay band and grade pay revised as per the 7th Pay Commission.
|Post Name||Pay Scale|
|LDC/ JSA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs.1900 (pre-revised)|
|PA/ SA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO Grade ‘A’||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
SSC CHSL 2020: Vacancy Trend
lets have a look at the vacancy trend of SSC CHSL exam from past few years.If you are targetting any particular post keep its vacancy trend in mind .
|Post Name||SSC CHSL 2019-20 Vacancy||SSC CHSL 2018-19 Vacancy||SSC CHSL 2017 Final Vacancy|
SSC CHSL 2020 : Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for the complete recruitment process of SSC CHSL 2020, candidates must fulfill the given three important eligibility criteria:
- Nationality/ Citizenship:
A candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with
the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka,
East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of
Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia
and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
2. Age Limit :
Age limit for the posts is 18-27 years as on 01-01-2021i.e. Candidates born not before 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2003 are eligible to apply.
Permissible relaxation in upper age limit for different categories are as under:
beyond the upper age limit
|03||PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|05||PwD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years after deduction of the|
military service rendered from
the actual age as on closing date
of receipt of online application.
|08||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during|
hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
|09||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during|
hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ST).
|10||Central Government Civilian Employees:|
Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.
|Up to 40 years of age|
|11||Central Government Civilian Employees:|
Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ST).
|Up to 45 years of age|
|12||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially|
separated and who are not remarried (SC/ST).
|Up to 40 years of age|
3. Essential Educational Qualifications (As on 01-01-2021):
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL 2020 : Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission conducts recruitment of Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL 10+2 level) for various posts in different ministeries and department of Govt. of India in three levels or tiers :
|Tier – I||Objective Paper (Multiple Choice Questions )||Online Computer based Exam (CBT)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive paper in English/Hindi||Pen Paper mode|
|Tier – III||Skill Test / Computer Proficiency Test||as per post requirements|
- SSC CHSL Tier – I exam is conducted via online computer based which contains four different subject sections and the time limit is 60 minutes
- SSC CHSL Tier II is descriptive in which candidate has to write Essay/Letter/Application etc, it comprises of two questions to be completed in 60 minutes
- Tier – III is Skill test /CPT in which candidates basic computer knowledge is tested such as typing speed, knowledge of MS Office is checked .
SSC CHSL 2020 : Syllabus
SSC CHSL exam is conducted in three different levels so there is a different syllabus for all the sections. Candidates must follow the complete syllabus conscientiously in order to score good marks in the exam.
Tier-I (Computer Based Examination) Syllabus:
|Sections||Subjects||Total No. of Ques.||Max. Marks|
(Basic Arithmetic Skill)
- A total of 100 questions for 200 marks are asked in the SSC CHSL examination divided into four sections of 25 questions each, carrying 50 marks each.
- Candidates are given 60 minutes (80 minutes to candidates eligible for scribe) to complete the test.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer. therefore, candidates are advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- Marks scored by candidates in tier – I will be normalized and then normalized score will be used to determine final merit and cutoff marks
Indicative Syllabus for the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I):
- English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
- General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and nonverbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2 𝜃 + Cos2 𝜃=1 etc.,
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
4. General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate‟s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy, and scientific research.
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper)
- SSC CHSL Tier-II exam is descriptive in nature, the paper will comprise of an Essay/Letter/Application/precis, etc. The maximum marks in this paper are 100 marks. The minimum qualifying marks in this paper is 33 % as this paper is qualifying in nature.
- The objective of this paper is to test the writing skills of the candidates in the English / Hindi Language .candidatesare advised to write the paper either in Hindi or in the English language only.
- Marks scored in this paper will also be added to final merit.
- Time duration of 60 minutes (80 minutes for candidates eligible for scribe) is allocated to complete this paper.
|Writing||word Limit||Max. Marks|
Tier – III (Skill Test/ Typing Test)
Tier – III skill test is mandatory for all the shortlisted candidates, to be in the recruitment process till last. Skill Test/ Typing Test for the shortlisted candidates will be conducted on the computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO):
- ‘Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (Eight Thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer’ is required by the candidate .
- The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
- The passage to be entered in the Computer may also be displayed on the computer screen.
For the post of Data Entry Operator Grade ‘A’ in the Office of the
Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG):The ‘speed of 15000
(Fifteen Thousand)Key Depressions per hour on Computer’ will be required. The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and
printed matter in English containing about 3700-4000 key-depressions
would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the
Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant:
- The medium of Typing Test will be Hindi or English. The candidates will have to opt for the medium of Typing Test (i.e. either Hindi or English) in the online Application Form.
- Candidates opting for the English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m.) and those opting for Hindi medium should have a typing speed of 30 words per minute (w.p.m.). 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. correspond to about 10500 key depressions per hour and about 9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
SSC CHSL 2020 : Cutoff Trend
Previous year cutoff marks provides a basic insight to the budding aspirants to mark their targets and prepare accordingly keeping the competition and cutoff marks in mind.
SSC CHSL 2018-19 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
|UR||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||ESM||OH||HH||VH||Other PWD||Total candifates Qualified|
Region-Wise SSC CHSL Tier 1 Admit Card 2021 Download Link
The Region-wise SSC CHSL Tier 1 Admit Card 2021 Download/Status Check links are mentioned below.
SSC will release the link for admit card for all the regions in the first week of April 2021.
|Name of the Region||SSC CHSL|
|SSC CHSL Regional websites||State Names|
|SSC Eastern Region||Admit Card out||http://www.sscer.org/||Assam, Arunachal|
|SSC North Region||Admit Card out||http://www.sscnr.net.in/||Karnataka and|
|SSC Central Region||Admit Card out||http://www.ssc-cr.org/||Uttar Pradesh (UP)|
|SSC Madhya Pradesh Region||Admit Card out||http://www.sscmpr.org/||Madhya Pradesh (MP),|
|SSC Southern Region||Admit Card out||http://www.sscsr.gov.in/||Andhra Pradesh (AP), Puducherry,|
|SSC North Western Region||Admit Card out||http://www.sscnwr.org/||Delhi, Rajasthan,|
|SSC Western Region||Admit Card out||http://www.sscwr.net/||West Bengal (WB),|
and A&N Island
|SSC North Eastern Region||Admit Card out||http://www.sscner.org.in/||Maharashtra,|
|SSC Kerala Karnataka Region||Admit Card out||https://ssckkr.kar.nic.in||J&K, Haryana,|
- The Hindu Newspaper PDF (19 June 2021) Download Today’s Edition
- The Hindu Editorial PDF (19 June 2021) Download Today’s Edition
- IB ACIO Previous Year Question Papers-2021
- CBSE Class 12 evaluation criteria 2021: CBSE Finalises Marking Scheme, Final Result expected by 31 July
- Indian Polity GK Quiz-2 for SSC CGL- Daily GK Quiz