About IBPS PO 2022 Exam
IBPS PO 2022 Exam: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is a government-owned bank personnel recruitment agency under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India that was started with an aim to encourage the recruitment and placement of young undergraduates, postgraduates, and doctorates in government-owned banks in India. It also provides standardized systems for assessment and result processing services to organizations.
In this article, we have discussed IBPS PO 2022 Exam in great detail. Interested candidates are suggested to have a nice look at it.
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Basic Info
The table below lists the basic details of the IBPS PO 2022 Exam.
|Number of Stages||3 (Prelims, Main and Interview Round)|
|Exam Duration for Preliminary Round||1 hour (60 minutes)|
|Exam Duration for Main Round||3 hours 30 minutes (210 minutes)|
|Type of Questions||MCQs (Additional Descriptive paper in Main Paper)|
|Exam Mode||Prelims- Online,|
Main Exam- Both Online and Offline
|IBPS PO 2022 Interview Maximum Marks||100|
|Minimum Qualifying Marks for the Interview||40% (35% for Reserved Classes)|
IBPS PO 2022 Important Dates
Candidates who are willing to know about IBPS PO 2022 Exam date can check the table below for all the important dates. Dates provided below are tentative and subject to change.
Tentative Exam Schedule
|Online registration and rectification of errors in applications||July-August 2022|
|Payment of application fee||July-August 2022|
|Downloading hall tickets for pre-examination training||September 2022|
|Pre-examination training date||September 2022|
|Downloading of hall tickets||September 2022|
|Examination date of IBPS PO prelims||October 2022|
|Results declaration prelims||October 2022|
|Downloading of hall tickets of IBPS PO Mains||October 2022|
|Examination date of IBPS PO Mains||November 2022|
|Results declaration for IBPS PO Mains||November 2022|
|Downloading of call letters for interview||December 2022|
|Date of interview||January 2023|
|Provisional allotment||April 2023|
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must be either –
- A Citizen of India or
- A Subject of Nepal or
- A Subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India prior to January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
Note: Candidates belonging to categories (2), (3), (4), and (5) should possess and produce, whenever asked by IBPS, a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
The lower and upper age limit for IBPS PO Exams is 20 years and 30 years respectively.
However, relaxation is provided to candidates with reservations. A candidate must have been born on or later than August 02, 1992, and on or earlier than August 1, 2002.
Age Relaxations of Upper Age Limit
|SC/ ST (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe)||5 years|
|OBC (Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|PwD (Persons With Disabilities)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers which includes Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs). These candidates must have gained at least 5 years of military service and have been released on completion of the assignment (including those whose assignment is due within a year)||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
Points to Remember
- The relaxation in the upper age limit to SC/ ST/ OBC candidates is allowed on a cumulative basis with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted.
- If the ST aspirants have a physical disability, then they will get a relaxation of a maximum of 15 years for the upper age limit. The exam conducting will not allow any other exemptions.
- There is no upper age limit relaxation provided to General and Economically Weaker Section Category candidates.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will have to produce supporting documents in original and photocopies at any stage of the recruitment process as required by the IBPS/ Participating Organisation.
- In case, an Ex-servicemen who once joined a government job on the civil side after availing the benefits given to him as an Ex-servicemen for his re-employment, his Ex-servicemen status for re-employment in Government recruitment ceases.
- There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in the Officers’ Cadre.
A Graduation Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying exam by or before August 2022.
- The date mentioned on the mark sheet/ scorecard will be considered as the date of passing the degree.
- The document proving the fulfilment of the educational qualification requirement has to be submitted at the time of the interview round.
- In case, candidate’s result is posted on University’s website and the web-based certificate is issued then a proper certificate in original issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and further process.
- Candidates have to specify the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application.
- Candidates who are awarded CGPA / OGPA have to convert the same into percentage and mention it in the online application.
- Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semesters/years by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects multiplied by 100.
- It will be applicable for those Universities as well where Class/ Grade is decided based on Honours marks only.
- The fraction of percentage arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern for Prelims
- Mode of Examination– Preliminary Exam of IBPS PO will be conducted in online mode.
- Number of Sections- There are 3 sections in IBPS PO Prelims viz. English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
- Duration of Exam- The exam will be for 1 hour (60 minutes).
- Nature of Questions- Questions in the exam will be objective type (MCQs). Each question will have 5 options wherein only 1 option will be correct.
- Marking Scheme– Each question will carry 1 mark. Also, there is a provision of negative marking i.e. for every wrong answer, 0.25 marks would be deducted.
- Language of Exam- For the English section, the questions will be set in English Language only, the rest of the sections will be offered in English and Hindi languages.
Key Points for IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2022
- IBPS PO Prelims is a qualifying paper.
- Candidates qualifying for this paper will be eligible to appear for IBPS PO Main Exam.
- The marks secured in this exam will not be considered while compiling the final result.
- There will be a sectional cut-off and overall cut-off to qualify for the IBPS PO Main exam.
Section-wise Weightage of Prelims Exam
|Section Name||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration||Medium of Exam|
|English Language||30 questions||30 marks||20 minutes||English|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35 questions||35 marks||20 minutes||English and Hindi|
|Reasoning Ability||35 questions||35 marks||20 minutes||English and Hindi|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks||60 minutes||–|
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern for Mains
- Mode of Examination– IBPS PO Main will be conducted in both online and offline mode.
- Number of Sections– There are 4 sections in the IBPS PO Main exam viz. English, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, and General Awareness. IBPS PO Main Exam will have a Descriptive Paper having 2 questions- Letter Writing and Essay writing.
- Duration of Exam: – The exam will be of 3 hours 30 minutes (3 hours for objective paper and 30 minutes for descriptive paper).
- Nature of Questions– There will be 155 multiple choice questions and 2 written questions. Each question will have 5 options wherein only 1 option will be correct.
IBPS PO Main 2022 Exam Key Points
- There will be sectional cut-off and overall cut-off.
- A specified sectional time limit will be allocated to attempt each section in the Main exam.
- An IBPS PO cut-off list will be prepared where candidates having higher scores/marks will have their names on top of the list.
- Candidates with a higher score will be given priority for the interview.
Section-Wise Weightage of IBPS PO Mains Exam
|IBPS PO Mains Pattern Paper||Section Name||Total Questions||Allotted Time||Total Marks||Medium of Exam|
|Objective Test||English Language||35 Questions||40 minutes||40||English|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||35 Questions||45 minutes||60||English & Hindi|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45 Questions||60 minutes||60||English & Hindi|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40 Questions||35 minutes||40||English & Hindi|
|Descriptive Test||English (Essay and Letter Writing)||2 Questions||30 minutes||25 Marks||English|
|Total||157 Questions||3 hours 30 minutes||225 Marks||–|
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern 2022 for Interview
- Candidates who qualify for the Main exam are eligible for the interview round.
- The interview round will carry 100 marks.
- This is the final stage in the selection process of IBPS PO Selection Process.
- This round carries a 20% weightage in the final result.
- Through this round, a candidate’s communication skills and personality are examined.
Highlights of IBPS PO Interview
- The minimum mark to qualify for the Interview round is 40% for General Category candidates. Candidates belonging to the reserved category must score at least 35% marks.
- The final Merit List is prepared based on the score in the Main exam and Interview performance.
- IBPS PO combined score would be declared based on scores obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination and Interview in the ratio of 80:20
- After the interview round concludes, provisional allotment will be done as per the vacancies in different banks.
IBPS PO 2022 Syllabus
The preliminary exam is a screening test while the main exam tests candidates’ suitability to be recruited as probationary officers in various banks. IBPS PO Syllabus for both prelims and main exam is given below.
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for the preliminary exam includes three subjects- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
|English Language (30 marks)||Quantitative Aptitude (35 marks)||Reasoning (35 marks)|
|Reading Comprehension||Simplification||Logical Reasoning|
|Cloze Test||Profit and Loss||Alphanumeric Series|
|Para Jumbles||Mixtures and Allegations||Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test|
|Miscellaneous||Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Indices||Data Sufficiency|
|Fill in the blanks||Work and Time||Coded Inequalities|
|Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Time and Distance||Seating Arrangement|
|Paragraph Completion||Mensuration- Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Puzzle|
|–||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Syllogism|
|–||Number Systems||Blood Relations|
|–||Sequence and Series||Input-Output|
|–||Permutation, Combination, and Probability||Coding-Decoding|
|–||Percentages||Statement and Argument|
IBPS PO Main Exam Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for IBPS PO 2022 Main Exam includes 4 subjects- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, English Language, Data Analysis and Interpretation, General Economy, and Banking Awareness. The table given below lists out the detailed IBPS PO syllabus for the Main examination.
Data Interpretation and Analysis (60 Marks)
|Percentage||Ratio and Percentage|
|Data Interpretation||Mensuration and Geometry|
|Problems of Ages||Profit and Loss|
|Number Series||Speed, Distance and Time|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Time and Work|
|Number System||Data Sufficiency|
|Linear Equation||Permutation and Combination|
|Probability||Mixture and Allegations|
General Awareness (40 Marks)
- Financial Awareness
- General Knowledge
Reasoning and Computer Aptitude (60 Marks)
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Computer Abbreviation|
|Double Lineup||Microsoft Office|
|Blood Relations||Operating System|
|Directions and Distances||Networking|
|Ordering and Ranking||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Coding and Decoding||–|
English Language (40 Marks)
- Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
IBPS PO 2022 Application Process
Candidates must apply for the exam by registering on the official website- ibps. in. The details entered in the application form 2022 will be used to generate IBPS PO, Admit Card. Steps to apply for the exam are given below:
Step 1- Online IBPS PO Registration
- Visit ibps.in and click on ‘CWE PO/MT’.
- Click on the option “Click Here to Apply Online for CWE Probationary Officers/ Management Trainee (CWE PO/ MT- IX)”.
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” tab and enter your Email ID, Mobile Number, and other details to register for the exam.
- Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated and displayed on the screen. Also, an Email and an SMS indicating IBPS Registration login credentials will be sent to the candidates.
Step 2- Filling IBPS PO Application Form 2022
Fill in the asked Personal, Educational, and communication Information such as Name, Nationality, Mobile Number; Qualifications, and Experiences. Also, enter the choice of IBPS PO Exam Center with the correct state code for both the Preliminary and Main examination. After filling in the details, click on ‘I agree’ to declare that the information entered is authentic.
Step 3- Uploading Documents
Candidates must use their IBPS Registration login details to access their account and upload the following documents as per the specifications mentioned below.
- Candidate’s Passport Size Photograph
- Candidate’s Signature
- Left Thumb Impression
- Scanned copy of Handwritten Declaration
Step 4- Choosing Organization Preference
Select the preferred centers for Pre-Exam Training and the participating bank to be recruited in. Once the form is submitted, no further changes can be made to the preference list.
Step 5- Pay IBPS PO Application Fee
The application fee can be paid via Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking, IMPS, Cash Card, and Mobile Wallets. The IBPS PO Application Fee once paid, shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Enter details and pay the application fee
- An acknowledgment page will be generated. Take a print out for future use.
Documents Required for IBPS PO Registration
As per the latest notification, candidates must upload the following documents while filling the application form for IBPS PO 2022. The specifications for each document are mentioned below:
|Documents||Dimensions||File Size||File Type|
|Photograph||200 X 230 Pixels||20 – 50 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|Signature||140 X 60 Pixels||10 – 20 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|Left Thumb Impression||240 X 240 Pixels||20 – 50 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|Handwritten Declaration||800 X 400 Pixels||50 – 100 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
Handwritten Declaration Text- “I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true, and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
The IBPS PO Application Fee
|General/ OBC/ EWS||INR 600|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 100|
This article discusses IBPS PO 2022 Exam in details. Every candidate is suggested to go through the aforementioned information very carefully. It is hoped that the contents of this article result to be helpful to all the candidates.
Other Useful Articles:
- SBI PO Syllabus 2021- Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- MP SI 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- UPPSC Syllabus 2022 and Exam Pattern
- UPPSC Exam 2022 Notification, Dates, Pattern, Syllabus, Result
- UGC NET 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- UGC NET Exam 2021 Details – About, Dates, Syllabus, Timing, Pattern
- UPTET Exam 2021- Notification, Date, Pattern, Syllabus
- SSC JE 2022 Exam Notification, Exam date, Pattern, Syllabus