About IBPS PO 2022 Exam
IBPS PO 2022 Exam: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is a government-owned bank personnel recruitment agency under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India that was started with an aim to encourage the recruitment and placement of young undergraduates, postgraduates, and doctorates in government-owned banks in India.
In this article, we have discussed all the aspects of the IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern & Syllabus in great detail. All the candidates are suggested to have a nice look at it.
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern for Prelims
- Mode of Examination– Preliminary Exam of IBPS PO will be conducted in online mode.
- Number of Sections- There are 3 sections in IBPS PO Prelims viz. English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
- Duration of Exam- The exam will be for 1 hour (60 minutes).
- Nature of Questions- Questions in the exam will be objective type (MCQs). Each question will have 5 options wherein only 1 option will be correct.
- Marking Scheme– Each question will carry 1 mark. Also, there is a provision of negative marking i.e. for every wrong answer, 0.25 marks would be deducted.
- Language of Exam- For the English section, the questions will be set in English Language only, the rest of the sections will be offered in English and Hindi languages.
Key Points for IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2022
- IBPS PO Prelims is a qualifying paper.
- Candidates qualifying for this paper will be eligible to appear for IBPS PO Main Exam.
- The marks secured in this exam will not be considered while compiling the final result.
- There will be a sectional cut-off and overall cut-off to qualify for the IBPS PO Main exam.
Section-wise Weightage of Prelims Exam
|Section Name||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration||Medium of Exam|
|English Language||30 questions||30 marks||20 minutes||English|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35 questions||35 marks||20 minutes||English and Hindi|
|Reasoning Ability||35 questions||35 marks||20 minutes||English and Hindi|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks||60 minutes||–|
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern for Mains
- Mode of Examination– IBPS PO Main will be conducted in both online and offline mode.
- Number of Sections– There are 4 sections in the IBPS PO Main exam viz. English, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, and General Awareness. IBPS PO Main Exam will have a Descriptive Paper having 2 questions- Letter Writing and Essay writing.
- Duration of Exam: – The exam will be of 3 hours 30 minutes (3 hours for objective paper and 30 minutes for descriptive paper).
- Nature of Questions– There will be 155 multiple choice questions and 2 written questions. Each question will have 5 options wherein only 1 option will be correct.
IBPS PO Main 2022 Exam Key Points
- There will be sectional cut-off and overall cut-off.
- A specified sectional time limit will be allocated to attempt each section in the Main exam.
- An IBPS PO cut-off list will be prepared where candidates having higher scores/marks will have their names on top of the list.
- Candidates with a higher score will be given priority for the interview.
Section-Wise Weightage of IBPS PO Mains Exam
|IBPS PO Mains Pattern Paper||Section Name||Total Questions||Allotted Time||Total Marks||Medium of Exam|
|Objective Test||English Language||35 Questions||40 minutes||40||English|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||35 Questions||45 minutes||60||English & Hindi|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45 Questions||60 minutes||60||English & Hindi|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40 Questions||35 minutes||40||English & Hindi|
|Descriptive Test||English (Essay and Letter Writing)||2 Questions||30 minutes||25 Marks||English|
|Total||157 Questions||3 hours 30 minutes||225 Marks||–|
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern 2022 for Interview
- Candidates who qualify for the Main exam are eligible for the interview round.
- The interview round will carry 100 marks.
- This is the final stage in the selection process of IBPS PO Selection Process.
- This round carries a 20% weightage in the final result.
- Through this round, a candidate’s communication skills and personality are examined.
Highlights of IBPS PO Interview
- The minimum mark to qualify for the Interview round is 40% for General Category candidates. Candidates belonging to the reserved category must score at least 35% marks.
- The final Merit List is prepared based on the score in the Main exam and Interview performance.
- IBPS PO combined score would be declared based on scores obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination and Interview in the ratio of 80:20
- After the interview round concludes, provisional allotment will be done as per the vacancies in different banks.
IBPS PO 2022 Syllabus
The preliminary exam is a screening test while the main exam tests candidates’ suitability to be recruited as probationary officers in various banks. IBPS PO Syllabus for both prelims and main exam is given below.
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for the preliminary exam includes three subjects- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
|English Language (30 marks)||Quantitative Aptitude (35 marks)||Reasoning (35 marks)|
|Reading Comprehension||Simplification||Logical Reasoning|
|Cloze Test||Profit and Loss||Alphanumeric Series|
|Para Jumbles||Mixtures and Allegations||Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test|
|Miscellaneous||Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Indices||Data Sufficiency|
|Fill in the blanks||Work and Time||Coded Inequalities|
|Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Time and Distance||Seating Arrangement|
|Paragraph Completion||Mensuration- Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Puzzle|
|–||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Syllogism|
|–||Number Systems||Blood Relations|
|–||Sequence and Series||Input-Output|
|–||Permutation, Combination, and Probability||Coding-Decoding|
|–||Percentages||Statement and Argument|
IBPS PO Main Exam Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for IBPS PO 2022 Main Exam includes 4 subjects- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, English Language, Data Analysis and Interpretation, General Economy, and Banking Awareness. The table given below lists out the detailed IBPS PO syllabus for the Main examination.
Data Interpretation and Analysis (60 Marks)
|Percentage||Ratio and Percentage|
|Data Interpretation||Mensuration and Geometry|
|Problems of Ages||Profit and Loss|
|Number Series||Speed, Distance and Time|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Time and Work|
|Number System||Data Sufficiency|
|Linear Equation||Permutation and Combination|
|Probability||Mixture and Allegations|
General Awareness (40 Marks)
- Financial Awareness
- General Knowledge
Reasoning and Computer Aptitude (60 Marks)
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Computer Abbreviation|
|Double Lineup||Microsoft Office|
|Blood Relations||Operating System|
|Directions and Distances||Networking|
|Ordering and Ranking||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Coding and Decoding||–|
English Language (40 Marks)
- Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
In the above article, we have discussed the complete IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern and Syllabus in detail. Every candidate is suggested to go through the syllabus before starting their preparation. It is hoped that the contents of the above article end up being helpful to all the aspirants eyeing this test.
Other Useful Articles:
- RRB NTPC Syllabus 2022 for CBT-1 & CBT-2
- LIC AAO Exam 2022 Syllabus Prelims and Mains
- LIC AAO Exam 2022 Notification Date, Exam Date, Selection Process, Exam Pattern
- SSC CPO Exam Syllabus 2022 in detail
- SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2022 in detail
- Biography of Ratan Tata- Early Life, Career, Important Lessons
- Air India Deal – History, Alliance and Tata Connection
- SBI PO Syllabus 2021- Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- MP SI 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- UPPSC Syllabus 2022 and Exam Pattern