SSC CGL Exam is one of the exams, conducted by Staff Selection Commission(SSC) every year to recruit graduates from different discipline to various departments and ministries of Govt. Of India. All the posts and jobs available through SSC CGL exam are of All India Level. For the year 2020-21 SSC is expected to release its Online Application Form for SSC CGL 2020-21 Exam on 29th December 2020.Read this Complete Article to get a clear insight about the SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2021 & Syllabus for SSC 2021 Exams.The expected ssc cgl exam date 2021 is 29 May 2021 to 7 june 2021.
SSC CGL 2021 Exam Pattern
Before you begin your preparation for SSC Exams, it is very important to know the exam pattern of SSC CGL exam. Majorly, this exam is conducted in four different stages Tier-1 and Tier -2 are Computer based examinations in which Objective Type Questions are asked, whereas Tier-3 is Descriptive paper in which candidate has to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis Writing, and last Tier-4 is Skill Test/ Computer Proficiency Test which is compulsory for some posts only. Now Lets discuss all the tiers one by one.
SSC CGL 2021 Tier -1 Exam Pattern
- Tier -1 is a computer based exam in which objective type questions are asked(MCQs).The total number of questions is 100 which is divided into four subjects English, Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, 25 questions carrying 50 marks each.
- A total of 100 questions for 200 marks are asked in the SSC CGL examination divided into four sections of 25 questions each, carrying 50 marks each.
- Candidates are given 60 minutes (80 minutes to candidates eligible for scribe) to complete the test.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer. therefore, candidates are advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- Marks scored by candidates in tier – I will be normalized and then normalized score will be used to determine final merit and cutoff marks.
|Sections||Subjects||Total No. of Ques.||Max. Marks|
(Basic Arithmetic Skill)
SSC CGL 2021 Tier-II Exam Pattern
After Tier- I result is out and candidates who clear tier -I cutoff are eligible to take Tier -II Examination there are total Four papers of 200 marks each.
- Paper -I : Quantitative Aptitude – In this paper 100 questions are asked for 200 marks and syllabus is almost same as that of tier – I quants section. the time limit is 2 hours for this exam. There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks. This exam is compulsory for all the candidates qualified in tier -1 exam
- Paper -II English Comprehension – In this paper 200 questions are asked for 200 Marks and syllabus is almost same as that of tier – I exam of English comprehension and Time limit is of 2 hours. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks. This exam is compulsory for all the candidates qualified in tier -1 exam.
- Paper – III Statistics – In this paper 100 questions are asked for 200 Marks. This exam is mandatory only for the candidates preparing for Junior Statistical Officer(JSO).
- Paper- IV General Studies(Finance & Economics) – In this paper 100 questions are asked for 200 marks. This paper is mandatory only for the candidates preparing for Assistant Audit Officer(AAO). This Paper will be for those candidates who have applied for the post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) in C&AG. The said paper would comprise two parts i.e., Finance and Accounts for which there would be 40 questions carrying 80 marks and Economics and Governance which would have 60 questions carrying 120 marks.
NOTE:- Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts. Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler & Paper IV is only for Assistant Audit Officer.
SSC CGL 2021Tier- III Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier – III exam is Descriptive in nature, candidate is asked to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precise writing. This exam is conducted in pen and paper mode. maximum marks are 100 for this exam, to be completed in maximum 60 minutes. Two questions are asked for 50 marks each.
SSC CGL 2021 Tier – IV Exam Pattern
In SSC CGL Tier – IV Exam there Skill Test/ Computer Proficiency Test
SSC CGL Result
After all tiers exams are successfully conducted. The commission releases the final cutoff for the exam post-wise and category -wise.
Some Useful Links
|Apply Online||Click here|
|Login to Complete Form||Click here|
|Download Notification||Click here|
|Official Website||Click here|