Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship(MGNF 2021-23)
The Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) is an opportunity for young, dynamic individuals to contribute to enhancing skill development and promote economic development.
The two-year Fellowship seeks to combine classroom sessions (Academic Module) host IIMs with an intensive field immersion at the district level (District Immersion) to create credible plans and identify barriers in raising employment, economic output, and promote livelihoods in rural areas.
MGNF is a Certificate Program in Public Policy and Management offered by IIMs. It has been designed at the initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India (GoI) and implemented in collaboration with State Skill Development Missions (SSDMs).
MGNF 2021-23 will be rolled out nationally in more than 660 district across India. The program will be hosted by 9 IIMs (IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Jammu, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Lucknow, IIM Nagpur, IIM Ranchi, IIM Udaipur and IIM Visakhapatnam) separately with IIM Bangalore managing the common admission process.
MGNF Fellowship Programme requirements:
- Should be a citizen of India
- Age between 21-30 years at the time of application
- At least a graduate in any discipline (Engineering, Law, Medicine, Social Sciences, etc.) from a recognized university or a post-graduate from a recognized university
- Three years of work experience after secondary schooling in the social/non-profit sector with an interest in working in rural areas is preferred. However, individuals with no work experience and a strong motivation to work in this area may apply.
- Ability to express proficiency in the official language used in the state government
Certificate of Completion: MGNF is a Certificate Program in Public Policy and Management offered by host IIMs. It has been designed at the initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India (GoI).
About MGNF Fellowship 2021 – IIMB
- The fellowship is a unique opportunity to promote skill development in district economies.
- The two-year blended program combines classroom sessions at host IIMs with mentorship of Fellows while in district.
- It provides an opportunity to engage with schemes and institutions at the district level to strengthen institutions and improve skill development, link markets and create growth.
- Candidates selected from the 2021-23 admissions cycle will be fully funded by MSDE.
- On joining the program, the candidate will receive a stipend of Rs. 50,000 per month during Year 1 of the program. On completing the requirements of Year 1, the candidate will receive a stipend of Rs. 60,000 per month during Year 2 of the program.
MGNF Selection Process 2021- IIMB
Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of:
- A multiple choice-based aptitude exam to test the applicant’s General Awareness (GA), Quantitative Ability (QA), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC). This will be physically conducted in each of the state capitals keeping in mind physical distancing norms and other relevant safeguards considering COVID-19.
- Candidates shortlisted after the MCQ based written exam will be invited for personal interaction comprising of three parts; namely Case Writing Ability (CWA) written exam, personal interview, and written Language Proficiency Test (LPT) to judge the candidate’s fit, motivation, and proficiency in the official language of the state applied for respectively. These interviews will be conducted in the state capitals.
Available Seats for MGNF 2021-23
Stipend for MGNF- IIMB
- Year 1: Rs. 50,000 per month
- Year 2: Rs. 60,000 per month
For more queries, please contact:
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Email: [email protected]
Phone No: +91-9316440502, +91-8433527954, +91-8433527956