About NEET 2022 Exam
NEET 2022 Exam: Lakhs of students take part in NEET every year. NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a national-level medical entrance test. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admissions to medical courses in recognized and approved medical institutes across the country.
As per the National Medical Commission Act, 2019, Section 14, NEET stands as the common and uniform medical entrance test for UG medical courses across all the medical institutes, administered under any law. Following this, admissions to AIIMS and JIPMER institutes are also under NEET.
In this article, we have discussed every aspect of the NEET 2022 Exam in great detail, so all the students are suggested to have a nice look at it.
Modifications in NEET 2022 Exam
The Medical Council of India has introduced some changes in NEET on the recommendation of the Union Health Ministry. Take a look at the changes implemented since last year:
- NEET stands as the single-level medical entrance test conducted nation-wide, thus scrapping AIIMS and JIPMER entrance tests
- The 15% All India Quota scheme is now joined by states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
- Qualifying NEET UG exam is now a must even for Indian candidates who desire to pursue medicine abroad
- No restriction on the number of attempts at NEET. However, age limit restriction must be followed as per corresponding categories
- NEET cannot be taken up by State Open School or NIOS or private candidates
- The exam shall be in two languages apart from the language preferred in English
- It is no more compulsory to produce Aadhar card while filling NEET application form. However, candidates must produce a valid ID proof.
NEET 2022 Exam Basic Info
The table below lists the basic details of NEET 2022 Exam.
|Exam Name||NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|Conducting Body||NTA (National Testing Agency)|
|Mode of Exam||Pen-paper based|
|Expected number of Applicants||Around 16-17 lakhs|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Seats Offered||Admission of around 1 lakh MBBS and BDS seats under 85% State quota and 15% All India quota|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BDS, AYUSH and other Courses|
|Number of Questions||180 questions (MCQs)|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions with 4 options – 1 correct answer|
|Subjects||Questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology)|
|Questions from sections||Physics – 45 questionsChemistry – 45 questionsBiology (Botany + Zoology) – 90 questions|
|Language||The question paper is asked in 13 languages – English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and Punjabi|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks are awarded for each correct answer.|
|Negative Marking||1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer|
NEET 2022 Important Dates
Candidates who are willing to take part in NEET 2022 can check the table below for all the important dates. The dates provided below are tentative and subject to change.
|Application form – Date of release||November 2021|
|Application form – Last Date of Application||December 2021|
|Application form fee – Last date to submit||December 2021|
|Correction Window Portal Opens||January 2022|
|Admit Card Release date||April 2022|
|NEET 2022 Exam date||First Sunday of May 2022|
|NEET 2022 Announcement of Results||First week of June 2022|
NEET 2022 Exam Eligibility Criteria
Candidates taking part in NEET must be well aware of the eligibility criteria for NEET 2022. Read to find complete details on eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have passed/appeared for class 12 or an equivalent exam. Candidates appearing for the class 12 exams are also eligible
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English must be the major, mandate subjects
- Candidates must have obtained the required aggregate marks in the qualifying examinations:
- General category – 50% marks in the qualifying examinations
- SC/ST/OBC category – 40% marks in the qualifying examinations
- Physically handicapped: General category – 45% marks in the qualifying examinations
- Physically handicapped: SC/ST/OBC category – 40% marks in the qualifying examinations
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- If the candidate does not reside in India, then he or she should be an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals
- Candidates from the J&K state are eligible to appear for NEET 2022 under the All India 15% quota only by self-declaration. Such candidates can also get admitted to AFMC, Pune
- Must have completed 17 years as of December 31, of the year of admission
- The maximum age of limit will be 25 years for candidates belonging to the general category. For candidates belonging to SC/ST & OBC category, the age limit is 30 years
Aadhar Card Possession
Aadhar card is no more a mandate to participate in NEET. Candidates belonging to the state of Meghalaya, Assam, and J&K can furnish ration card numbers, passport numbers, bank account numbers, or any valid ID number while NRI, OCI, PIO, and other foreign nationals can produce their passport numbers for the same.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
NEET 2022 will be conducted in offline mode i.e. pen-paper based mode only. Students will have to mark their responses on an OMR sheet.
- Total Sections in NEET 2022 – 4 sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology)
- Mode of Examination – Offline i.e. Pen Paper Mode
- Type of Questions – MCQ type only
- Total Time Duration for Exam – 3 Hours
- Negative Marking – Yes; 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- Marks for Correct Answer – For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded
- Total Number of Questions – Each subject will consist of two sections.
Section A will consist of 35 Questions and Section B will have 15 questions. Out of 15 Questions in section B, candidates can choose to attempt any 10 Questions. So, the total number of questions and utilization of time will remain the same.
NEET exam sections and total marks
|Subjects||Sections||No. of questions||Section-wise Marks|
NEET 2022 Marking Scheme
|No answer/ Multiple answers||0|
- One correct answer fetches 4 marks and one incorrect answer will cost 1 mark.
- It is not mandatory to attempt all questions.
- There is no negative marking for unanswered questions.
- Once you mark an answer, it is not possible to change it.
- Multiple answers will be considered as an incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
Languages/ Medium for NEET 2022
NEET 2022 will be conducted in 11 languages. Candidates will be able to select medium of NEET 2022 from Hindi, English and Urdu in all the centers. However, if the candidate has chosen a vernacular language, then the center will be allotted accordingly.
|NEET Languages||NEET Examination Cities|
|English, Hindi and Urdu||All States and Cities|
|Telugu||Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|Bengali||West Bengal and Tripura|
|Gujarati||Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
NEET 2022 Syllabus
The Medical Council of India (MCI) prescribes a syllabus for NEET. It covers topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology from class 11 and 12. Typically, syllabus for NEET is published once a thorough review from inputs of different states on the syllabi is conducted. Syllabi are based on NCERT, CBSE and COBSEW. Check this space for the latest on the syllabus.
Provided below is the subject-wise syllabus for NEET 2022 from classes 11 and 12.
NEET 2022 Physics Syllabus
|Class 11th Syllabus||Class 12th Syllabus|
|Physical world and measurement||Electro statistics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy, and Power||Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents|
|Motion of systems of particles and rigid body||Electromagnetic waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and wave|
NEET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus
|Class 11th Syllabus||Class 12th Syllabus|
|Some basic concepts of Chemistry||Solid state|
|Structure of atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Equilibrium||P Block elements|
|Redox reactions||D and F block elements|
|s-Block elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p-Block elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic Chemistry – Some basic principles and techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic compounds containing Nitrogen|
|Environmental chemistry||Biomolecules, Polymers and Chemistry in everyday life|
NEET 2022 Biology Syllabus
|Class 11th Syllabus||Class 12th Syllabus|
|Diversity in the Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organisation – Plants and Animals||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human welfare|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and its applications|
|Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
NEET 2022 Application Process
Candidates taking part in NEET 2022 can visit the official website for NEET to fill the application form available from November 2021 onwards. Candidates can fill in the application form through the online mode only and not offline mode. Click on the “Apply Online” link and get directed to filling the application form.
Steps in Online filling of Application form:
Step 1: Visit the official website for NEET.
Step 2: Register by providing the name, mobile number, email id and other details.
Step 3: Fill in the registration form.
Step 4: Some details to be filled – Date of Birth, Category, Nationality, qualification details such as Year of Passing, Percentage of marks, etc, details to contact and choice for exam centre.
Step 5: Upload the scanned copies of the required documents in the prescribed size and format only.
Step 6: Fee payment of application can be done through online and offline mode.
Step 7: Towards the end, the confirmation page will be displayed. Take the printout of the duly filled application form for future reference.
Step 8: Aadhar card is no more a mandate in order to fill the application form.
Step 9: Once the process is complete, candidates are provided with a provisional registration number. This number will also be sent to the email id and registered phone number.
Documents required to Apply Online for NEET 2022
Listed below are the documents one would require while submitting the NEET application form 2022. Take a look:
- Most recent passport size photograph
- Most recent postcard size photograph
- Signature of the candidate
- Candidate’s left-thumb impression
- Class 10 Marksheet
Specifications of the documents are as follows:
|Name of the Document||Specification provided by NTA||Size of file(JPG/JPEG format)||Description for Online Tool(with 72 DPI)|
|Passport size photograph||Not specified||10 Kb to 200 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Post card size photograph||4″X6″||50 Kb to 300 Kb||4.25 X 3.5 inches|
|Signature of the candidate||Not specified||4 Kb to 30 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Left-thumb impression||Not specified||10 Kb to 50 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Class 10 marksheet||Not specified||100 Kb to 400 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
NEET 2022 Application Fee
The application fee for NEET 2022 is as mentioned below (subject to change):
|Category||Fee Amount||Fee Amount (With Late Fee)|
|GC/OBC||INR 1400||INR 2800 (1400+1400)|
|SC/ST/PwD||INR 750||INR 2150 (750+1400)|
Mode of Payment:
Application fee payment can be done through the offline or online mode as given below:
- Online method – Credit card/Debit card/Paytm/Net banking
- Offline method – Bank Challan
NEET 2022 Application Form Correction
Around the third week of March 2022, after submission of the NEET 2022 application form, candidates are provided with an opportunity to make changes to limited fields through the online mode. One must regularly visit the website for the latest notifications on the re-opening of the portal for the correction facility.
In case, candidates are required to correct and upload a clearer photograph or signature, it will be intimated through SMS or email regarding the same. Additionally, registered candidates can make changes to fields such as – Date of birth, gender, identification, category, state code of eligibility, the medium of the exam paper, exam center, name of parents, percentage and marks obtained in the qualifying examination, etc. In case, an additional fee has to be made, the same can be done through net banking or debit/credit card payment.
Incomplete form submission can result in rejection of the form. No changes to any fields will be entertained once the form has been submitted.
NEET 2022 Exam Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully registered by submitting the NEET 2022 Application form can expect the NEET admit card to be released on the official website. Some details regarding the same are as follows:
- NEET Admit Card 2022 will be released on the official website for NEET by the NTA – conducting authority for NEET
- Admit cards will be available through online mode only. Admit cards will not be posted
- Applicants can expect the admit card to be released in the 2nd or 3rd week of April 2022
- Candidates must take a print of the admit card
- Some details on the admit card are –
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s name
- Roll number
- Exam date
- Duration of exam
- Reporting time
- Venue – exam center and its details.
- Candidates must carry a copy of NEET 2022 admit card to the exam hall
- Along with releasing admit cards, a format to affix postcard photographs to the admit card shall also be specified
- Candidates must contact the official authority for NEET, in case they find any disparity in details on the admit card
NEET Reservation Criteria 2022
The following table describes the reservation criteria for different categories. Take a look.
|General Economically Weaker section||10%|
|Other backward castes||27%|
|Persons with disabilities||5%|
This article discusses NEET 2022 Exam in detail. Every candidate is suggested to go through the aforementioned information very carefully. It is hoped that the contents of this article result to be helpful to all the candidates.
Other Useful Articles:
- SBI PO Syllabus 2021- Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- MP SI 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- UPPSC Syllabus 2022 and Exam Pattern
- UPPSC Exam 2022 Notification, Dates, Pattern, Syllabus, Result
- UGC NET 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- UGC NET Exam 2021 Details – About, Dates, Syllabus, Timing, Pattern
- UPTET Exam 2021- Notification, Date, Pattern, Syllabus
- SSC JE 2022 Exam Notification, Exam date, Pattern, Syllabus
- SSC JE 2022 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- SSC Selection Post Phase 9 Notification, Exam Details, Dates, Pattern, Posts