UP Police SI 2022 Exam Details
UP Police SI 2022 Exam Details: Uttar Pradesh police published an advertisement for filling the Daroga vacant post. The total number of available vacancies is 9534 for the Sub Inspector Posts, 484 for Platoon Commander, and 23 for Fire Service Second Officer. Interested candidates who are seeking this job can apply online but they should meet the minimum eligibility criteria. In this article, we have laid down all the necessary details to help all the candidates.
UP Police SI 2022 Exam Basic Info
The table below lists some basic details of UP SI 2022:
|Department’s Name:||Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment & Promotion Board|
|Number of Vacancies:||52000 (SI & Constable) Posts (Previous Year)|
|Types of Job:||Police Jobs|
|Mode of Application Form:||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Online Mode|
|Salary||5200 – 20200 /-|
|Official Website:||www.uppbpb.gov.in and www.prpb.gov.in|
|Job Location:||Uttar Pradesh.|
UP Police SI 2022 Important Dates
The table below lists all the important events related to UP Police SI 2022 against their respective dates:
|Date of Official Notification||May 2022|
|Starting Date of Application Process||May 2022|
|Deadline to fill the online form||End of May 2022|
|Admit Card Released Date||June 2022|
|Exam Date||June 2022|
UP Police SI Vacancy (for 2021)
UPPRPB brings every year bumper vacancy of constable & SI post, this post vogue among the young generation. Last year Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board proposed the tender for SI (Daroga) posts which eventually increase to 9534 posts.
|Fire Service Second Officer||Male||23|
UP Police SI vacancy Category wise
|Sub Inspector (SI) Civil Police (Male/Female)|
|Platoon Commander PAC/Sub-Inspector Armed Police (Male)|
|Fire Service Second Officer (Male)|
UP Police SI 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Here we have discussed the educational and age-related eligibility criteria for UP SI 2022 Exam.
- If you are applying for Sub Inspector & Assistant Sub Inspector (Clerk), the candidate must have done Graduation from some recognized University or Institute. Also, candidates should have computer typing knowledge.
- If you are applying for Constable then you must have completed 10+2 from some recognized Board/Institution. In addition to this, candidates must have basic computer typing knowledge.
- If you are applying for UP Police Sub Inspector then the minimum age limit should be 21 and the maximum will be 28.
- If you are applying for UP Police Constable then your minimum age limit should be 18 and the maximum should be 28.
- Upper Age Relaxation of five years will be provided to SC/ST/OBC category contestants following rules and regulations. i.e., for OBC/SC/ST Candidates Maximum age limit is 33 years.
|Category||Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
|Height||UR, OBC, & SC: 168 cm||UR, OBC & SC: 152cm|
|ST: 160 cm||ST: 147 cm|
|Chest||UR, OBC & SC: 79 cm||–|
|ST: 77 cm|
UP Police SI 2022 Exam Pattern
The UP Police SI Exam Pattern reveals the areas and subjects that will be covered in the exam. The UP Police SI CBT will be held on several dates and shifts. Candidates who receive a minimum of 35 % in each topic and an overall score of 50 % will qualify for the next round.
- The test will be available in both Hindi and English language except for General Hindi
- The online test for UP Police SI will consist of Multiple-Choice Questions or MCQs.
- Time Duration for Online Exam is 120 Minutes (02 Hours)
- UP SI Online Exam will be of a total of 400 Marks comprising of 160 questions in total.
- Each question will carry 2.5 marks
- The UP Police SI Online Exam will comprise of Four Parts/Subjects in SI Exam, where each section will have 40 Questions & 100 Marks.
- Questions will ask from General Hindi, Law/ Constitution/ General Knowledge, Numerical & Mental Ability Test, Mental Aptitude Test/Intelligence Test/Test of Reasoning.
- There is No Negative Marking in UP Police SI Exam.
- The Qualifying marks in each subject will be 35 marks.
|UP Police SI 2022 Exam Pattern|
|Subject Name||No. Questions||Marks||Composite Time|
|General Hindi||40||100||Composite Time|
of 120 Minutes
|Basic Law/ Constitution/|
|Numerical & Mental Ability Test||40||100|
|Mental Aptitude Test/|
Intelligence Quotient Test/Reasoning
UP SI 2022 Syllabus
Now let us have a look at the syllabus for the UP Police SI Exam 2022. The UP Police SI Syllabus 2022 will comprise of the following four subjects:
- General Hindi
- Numerical & Mental Ability Test
- Basic Law/ Constitution/ General Knowledge
- Mental Aptitude Test/ Intelligence Quotient Test/ Reasoning
Syllabus For General Hindi
The UP Police SI Syllabus for General Hindi/सामान्य हिंदी is listed below:
- Hindi & Other Indian languages/ हिंदी और अन्य भारतीय भाषाएँ.
- हिन्दी वर्णमाला.
- Hindi Grammar/ हिंदी व्याकरण.
- Antonym, Synonym/एंटोनियम, पर्यायवाची.
- One word Substitution/एकार्थी शब्द.
- Comprehension/अपठित बोध.
- Tatasam and Tadbhav/तत्सम एवं तदभव.
- उपसर्ग, प्रत्यय.
- सन्धि, समास.
- वाक्यांशों के लिए शब्द निर्माण.
- Phrases and Idioms/लोकोक्तियाँ एवं मुहावरे.
- त्रुटि से सम्बंधित अनेकार्थी शब्द.
- वाक्य संशोधन.
- Singular and Plural/वचन.
- रस, छन्द, अलंकार.
- प्रसिद्ध कवि, लेखक एवं उनकी प्रसिद्ध रचनायें.
- हिन्दी भाषा में पुरस्कार.
Syllabus For Numerical & Mental Ability Test
Numerical Ability Test
Numerical Ability Test covers the following topics:
- Number System.
- HCF LCM.
- Use of Table & Graph.
- Decimal & Fraction.
- Compound and Simple Interest.
- Profit & Loss, Discount.
- Time & Work, Distance.
- Ratio & Proportion.
- Mensuration & Miscellaneous.
Mental Ability Test
Mental Ability Test covers the following topics:
- Logical Diagrams.
- Symbol-Relationship Interpretation.
- Codification Perception Test.
- Word formation Test.
- Letter and number series.
- Word and alphabet.
- Common Sense Test.
- Letter and number coding.
- Direction sense Test.
- Logical interpretation of data.
- The forcefulness of argument.
- Determining implied meanings.
Syllabus For Basic Law/ Constitution/ General Knowledge
The Basic Law section covers the following topics
- Human Rights.
- Traffic Rules.
- National Security Issues.
- Principle of Crime Punishment.
- Right of Self Defense.
- General Knowledge about Law.
- General Knowledge about Indian Constitution.
- Aim of the Constitution.
- Fundamental Rights.
- Directive principles.
- Rules & Regulations of constitutional Amendments.
- All India Service.
- Information about social Law related to women children.
- Reservation of SC/ ST.
- Wild Life Conservation.
The General Knowledge section covers the following topics:
- General Science.
- Award and Honors.
- Books and Authors.
- Current Affairs of National & International Importance.
- Indian Politics & Economics.
- Questions from the events that happen in daily life especially from the perspective of General Science.
- Indian History: Focus will be on Knowledge of Financial, Social, Religious & Political Parties. Under the Indian Freedom Movement knowledge about Nature & Specialty of the Indian Freedom Movement, the Rise of nationalism & How we get Freedom is expected.
- World Geography: General Knowledge will be tested about the Physical/ Ecology of India, Economic, Social, Demographic Issues.
Syllabus For Mental Aptitude Test/ IQ Test/Reasoning
Mental Aptitude Test
The Mental Aptitude section covers the following topics:
- Law and order.
- Communal harmony.
- Crime Control.
- Rule of law.
- Ability of Adaptability.
- Professional Information (Basic level).
- Police System.
- Contemporary Police Issues & Law and order.
- Basic Law.
- Interest in Profession.
- Mental toughness.
- Sensitivity towards minorities and underprivileged.
- Gender sensitivity.
Intelligence Quotient Test
The Intelligent Quotient Test covers the following topics:
- Relationship and Analogy Test.
- Spotting out the dissimilar.
- Series Completion.
- Direction Sense Test.
- Blood Relation.
- Problems based on the alphabet.
- Time sequence test.
- Venn Diagram and chart type test.
- Mathematical ability Test.
- Arranging in order.
The Reasoning section covers the following topics:
- Visual memory.
- Space visualization.
- Observation, Relationships.
- Arithmetical reasoning.
- Verbal and figure classification.
- Arithmetical number series.
- Abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships.
- Arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.
- Analysis and Judgment.
UP Police SI 2022 Physical Standard Test, PST
The candidates who will qualify for the written test for the UP Police SI will be called to appear for the Physical Standard Test. The required physical standards for the post of UP Police SI are stated below.
|UP Police SI PST|
|Gen/OBC/SC||168 cms||79-84 cms|
|ST||160 cms||77-82 cms|
Female Candidates should at least weigh 40 kg.
Male Candidates should have a minimum chest expansion of 5 cm.
UP Police SI 2022 Physical Efficiency Test, PET
Candidates who clear the Physical Standard test will qualify for the Physical Efficiency Test. Candidates have to cover a certain distance in a specific time period, details of which are mentioned below
|Race||4.8 km to be completed|
within 28 minutes
|2.4 km to be completed|
within 16 minutes
UP SI 2022 Application Process
All the candidates can follow the steps below to successfully complete the application process for the UP SI 2022 Exam.
Step 1: First Visit the official website: http://uppbpb.gov.in/
Step 2: Read all the Notifications on the official site.
Step 3: Click on ‘Online Application’.
Step 4: Register yourself by entering details.
Step 5: Candidates must ensure that all the provided details must be authentic.
Step 5: Recheck all the details and submit the details.
Step 6: Upload scanned documents.
Step 7: Make the payment of application fees.
Step 8: Make the final submission of the application form.
Step 9: Take out a hard copy of the UP Police Bharti 2022 application form.
This article discusses the UP Police SI 2022 Exam details. Every candidate is suggested to go through the aforementioned information very carefully. It is hoped that the contents of this article result to be helpful to all the candidates.
Other useful Articles: