UPSC CSE 2020 Topper: The Union Public Service Commission Exam is considered one of the toughest exams. The civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC in three stages — preliminary, main, and interview — to select officers for the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, and Indian Police Service among others. The preliminary examination consists of two papers of objective type (multiple choice) questions and carries a maximum of 400 marks.
Also, clearing UPSC is a dream of many in which Shubham Kumar has proven to be true. Shubham Kumar scored a total of 1054 (878+176) and become a topper in his third attempt. Shubham Kumar of Bihar won the first all-India rank (AIR) of the UPSC Civil Service 2020 on Friday. A civil engineering graduate from IIT-Bombay, Shubham is currently undergoing training as an Indian Defence Accounts Service probationer in Pune.
“My dream was to get into the IAS as it gives a wider platform to work for the betterment of the people. It has been realized and I would like to work for the underprivileged people, especially in rural areas,” he said.
He also mentioned about hid further goals and ideas to make meaningful changes in our country. development of villages, employment generation, and poverty alleviation in rural areas of the country would be his focus areas as working as an IAS officer. Shubham’s elder sister works as a scientist in Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC). Shubham’s father Devanand Singh said: “My son has done not just us proud but has brought laurels for the whole of Bihar”.
Of the 761 successful candidates, 263 belonged to the general category, 86 to the Economically Weaker Section (EWS), 229 to the Other Backward Classes, 122 to the Scheduled Castes, and 61 to the Scheduled Tribes. The UPSC said the result of the examination would be subject to the outcome of two writ petitions pending before the Delhi High Court. Over 4.82 lakh candidates had appeared for the Civil Services (Preliminary) exam on October 4, 2020, out of which 10,564 had qualified for the written (Mains) exam that was held in January.
Other Useful Articles:
- Indian Oil Refineries Various Trade Apprentice Post Online Form 2021
- NFL Non-Executive Various Post Online Form 2021
- UPSSSC Various Recruitment 2021 Modified Category Link
- Rajasthan State Industrial Development and Investment Corp. Ltd. RIICO Various Post Exam Online Registration Form 2021
- UPPSC Technical Education Teaching Service Form Status 2021/Re-Upload Photo Signature
- UPPSC Agriculture Services Mains Exam 2020 Online Registration Form 2021
- High Court Allahabad Review Officer (Samiksha Adhikari) Exam Online Registration Form 2021
- NHM UP Staff Nurse Online Registration Form 2021
- AIIMS NORCET 2021 Exams Online Registration Form
- IBPS PO XI Exam Online Registration Form 2021 for 4135 Post