Want to be A Writer/ Author – Here is the Opportunity
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the ‘Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors’ (YUVA) scheme, a mentorship programme to train young authors/writers below the age of 30 years.
The scheme aimed at training 75 young writers below the age of 30 years, who are ready to express themselves and project India and its culture and literature globally. A total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest at MyGov. A consolidated scholarship of Rs. 50,000 per month for a period of six months per author will be paid under the mentorship scheme.
The young authors so mentored shall become proficient in writing in various genres like fiction, non-fiction, travelogues, memoirs, drama, poetry and so on.
It will make sure to bring reading and authorship as a preferred profession at par with other job options, making the children of India take reading and knowledge as an integral part of their grooming up years. In addition, it will bring a positive psychological push to the young minds given the impact and effect of the recent pandemic on the mental health of children.
The National Book Trust will ensure phase wise execution of the mentorship program. It will organize a three months training and mentorship program for the selected candidates. During their mentorship program the candidates will get an exposure to learn new ideas, through interaction at various National and International Events, cultural and literary Festivals.
A book or a series of books written by these young authors will be published by NBT and a royalty of 10% will be paid to the authors.
Their published books will also be translated into other Indian languages to ensure the exchange of culture and literature between different states, thereby promoting Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
SELECTION PROCEDURE OF YOUNG AUTHORS
- A total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest at MyGov.
- The selection will be made by a Committee to be constituted by NBT.
- The contest will run from 4th June to 31st July 2021.
- The contestants will be asked to submit a manuscript of 5,000 words to judge its suitability to develop as a proper book under the Mentorship Scheme.
- The names of selected authors will be announced on the occasion of Independence Day on 15th August 2021.
- Based on mentorship, the selected authors will prepare manuscripts for final selection under the guidance of the nominated mentors.
- The entries of the winners will be readied for publication by 15th December 2021.
- The published books may be launched on 12th January 2022 on YUVA DIVAS or the National Youth Day.
- The Hindu Newspaper PDF (28 July 2021) Download Today’s Edition
- The Hindu Editorial PDF (28 July 2021) Download Today’s Edition
- SSC CGL New Exam Date 2021 Out – Exam in August 2021 Check dates Now
- HSSC annexure e1 Self Declaration form Download
- UP PGT Chemistry Syllabus in English & Hindi PDF 2021
1. How many candidates will be selected for this mentorship programme ?
Ans. A total of 75 candidates will be selected for this programme.
2. What is the date of the contest ?
Ans. The contest will run from 4th June to 31st July 2021.
3. When will the result be announced for YUVA Scheme ?
Ans. The result of the selected candidates will be announced on 15 August 2021.
4. What is the Full Form of YUVA Scheme ?
Ans. The Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors’ (YUVA) scheme.