Here is the complete list of Important monuments and sites in India pdf statewise, useful for different competitive exams like UPSC, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, UPSC CSE, etc. You can read the complete list to ace your exams. This is a very important topic of static asked frequently in competitive exams, so learn all the important monuments and sites in this post.
|India Gate||1921||Rajpath Marg,|
| Designed by|
Sir Edwin Lutyens
|(1) Also known as All India War|
(2) Built in memory of Indian soldiers
who lost their lives in First World War.
|Old delhi||Shah Jahan||(1) Originally known as Qila-e-Mubarak|
(2) Was actually white as it was made of
|Mughals||(1) Was epicentre of power & was|
used to command entire India.
(2) Originally called Badalgarh,
held by Raja Badal Singh.
(3) All Mughal Emperors have
contributed in its making.
(4) UNESCO World Heritage site
|Akbar||(1) Highest entrance gate of its kind|
in the entire world.
(2) Built at the main entrance of
(3) 42 stepsare to be climbed to
reach main platform.
|Char Minar||1591||Hyderabad||Md. Quli|
|Mosque built to commemorate|
eradication of deadly plague
|Fatehpur Sikri||1569||Agra||Akbar||(1) Served as Mughal Capital|
(2) Original name – Fatehabad.
(3) Built to commemorate & safeguard
the victories against Rajaput Kings.
|Gol Gumbaz||1626-1656||Jadar Galli,|
|(1) Tomb of Adil Shah &|
his two wives.
(2) Has a ‘whispering gallery’,
even the slightest of sound can be heard.
|(1) 5 storyed building with 953 windows.|
(2) The unique feature is its air
Jai Singh II
|(1) Jantar Mantar of Jaipur –|
largest stone Sun dial.
(2) These were astronomical
|Qutub Minar||1193 AD||Maharauli|
|(1) World’s Largest Brick Minaret.|
(2) Total height is 73 meters.
(3) Total number of stairs is 379
|1572||Delhi||Bigga Begum||1st garden tomb built in India|
|5th – 8th|
|Sculpted caves located|
on Elephanta Island.
|These Jain caves are|
testimony to the fact that
the 3 religions Hinduism,
Jainism & Buddhism are one
|Ajanta Caves||2nd –|
|Gupta Kings||(1) Each rock carving was done|
Sculptures & paintings epitomise
Buddha & various Jataka tales.
(2) UNESCO World Heritage Site.
|(1) Famous for their architecture &|
style along with symbolism &
their erotic sculptures.
(2) Perfect mix of Hinduism
|The park includes archaeological,|
historic and cultural heritage
monuments such as chalcolithic sites,
a hill fortress of an early Hindu
capital and remains of the
16th-century capital of Gujarat.
|Jama Masjid||1656 AD||Central Delhi||Shah Jahan||Largest Mosque in India|
|1924||Mumbai||–||Referred to as Taj Mahal of Mumbai|
|Lake Palace||1743-1746||Lake Pichola,|
Jagat Singh II
|Now a museum that has all the royal|
pictures, clothing and art facts of
the Wodeyar dynasty
|Also known as Amba Vilas Palace|
Palace is a 3-storey stone
structure made with fine granite,
grey in color, having deep
pink marble stones atop a 5-storey tower.
|–||(1) Was known as Victoria Terminus|
(2) World Heritage site.
(3) Busiest Railway Station in India
|1460||Jodhpur, Rajasthan||Rao Jodha||(1) One of the largest forts in India.|
(2) One of the well stocked
Museums in India.
|Bahai Temple||1986||Delhi||Flint & Neill||(1) Also known as Lotus Temple.|
(2) It is a place of worship for every religion
& place for meditation.
|Jaisalmer||Rawal Jaisal||(1) Largest fully preserved fortified|
cities in the world
(2) Fort stands amidst the
sandy expanse of Thar Desert
|(1) Second most important hill fort|
(2) World Heritage Site
(3) Known as Great Wall of India
|Grandest buildings including|
a step, gateways, minar, mosque
and bhul bhulaiya.
|Known as the Diamond of Kollur|
Mine including gateways,
drawbridges, temples, mosques
& semicircular bastions.
|1605||Goa||–||(1) Oldest churches in India.|
(2) World Heritage Site
|Rani ki Rav||11th|
|(1) Massive structure that is|
around 24 meters deep.
(2) As a memoriam for
King Bhimdev of Solanki dynasty.
Other Important Static GK Topics:
- List Of festivals in india state-wise
- List of National Highways in India
- List of Countries sharing Border with Indian States
- List of Highest Mountain Peaks in India State wise
- List of International Airports in India [PDF]
- National Symbols of India [PDF 2021]
- List of Major Seaports in India PDF
- List of Important Rivers in India PDF
- List of important Indian Cities on River Banks in India [PDF 2021]
- List of Important Tribes In India Statewise PDF
FAQ’s For Monuments & Sites in India
Rashtapati Bhavan at New Delhi was Built by ?
The Brihadisvara temple at Thanjavur, in Tamil Nadu was built by
Which monument was built by the Mughal emperor Akbar?
Which temple dedicated to the sun-god is shaped like a chariot?
Sun Temple, Konark