SBI PO 2021 Exam Details
SBI PO Exam 2021: State Bank of India will conduct SBI PO 2022 for recruiting candidates for the position of probationary officer in different branches of SBI all over the country. Each candidate has to go through three stages which will examine their knowledge, mental ability, personality, and problem-solving.
SBI PO exam is a very highly anticipated and competitive exam in the banking sector. Thus, every candidate must have a very clear idea about each and every detail of this exam. This article contains all the information regarding SBI PO Exam 2022.
SBI PO 2022 Exam Basic Info
Below are some of the notable key highlights of the SBI PO Exam 2022:
|Full-Form of the Examination||State Bank of India Probationary Officer Examination|
|Name of the Organization||State Bank of India (SBI)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fees||UR/OBC/EWS: INR 750/-|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Examination Centre||All India|
|Duration of the Examination||2 Hours|
|Examination Stages||Prelims, Mains, Group Discussion / Personal Interview|
|Language||English & Hindi|
SBI PO 2022 Exam Important Dates
All the important dates related to SBI PO Exam 2022, has been listed below:
|Particulars||SBI PO Upcoming Exam Dates|
|Issue of Notification||2nd Week of November 2021|
|Last date for the Online Application||1st Week of December 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card (Prelims)||To be declared|
|Declaration of Prelims Examination||To be declared|
|Availability of Admit Card (Mains)||To be declared|
|Declaration of Mains Examination||To be declared|
|Availability of Call Letters (GD & PI)||To be declared|
|Commencement of GD and PI||To be declared|
|Final result declaration||To be declared|
SBI PO 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Each candidate must go through the eligibility criteria for SBI PO 2022 to check whether they are eligible to sit in this exam.
- The applicant has to possess an Undergraduate Degree from a UGC-recognized University.
- All the final year University Students who are interested can also apply, however, if they get selected for the personal interview they have to produce proof of being graduate on or before 31.12.2021
- Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree or Integrated Masters have to submit proof of getting graduation certificates on or before 31.12.2021
- Candidates qualifying for Chartered Accountancy can also apply for the SBI PO Exam.
To get eligible for appearing in SBI PO Exam 2022, every candidate needs to frame themselves into the stipulated age limit. A candidate cannot be younger than the lower Age limit and can’t be older than the maximum age limit. Let’s look at the exact age limits to get eligible for the SBI PO Exam 2022, below:
- Candidates must be at least 21 Years old to be eligible for the SBI PO Exam.
- The maximum age to apply for the Probationary Officer at SBI is 30 Years.
- All the candidates must have been born not later than 01.04.1999 and not earlier than 02.04.1990
- There are some relaxations with an upper age limit for reserved candidates. To understand Category wise Age relaxation, follow the tables, tabulated below:
Maximum Age limits for Reserved Candidates
|Categories||Maximum Age Limit|
|Scheduled Caste||35 Years|
|Scheduled Tribe||35 Years|
|Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer||33 Years|
Maximum Age Limits for PwD Candidates
|Categories||Maximum Age Limit|
|PwD Scheduled Caste (PwD – SC)||45 Years|
|PwD Scheduled Tribe (PwD – ST)||45 Years|
|PwD ( OBC NCL)||43 Years|
|PwD ( General / EWS)||40 Years|
Maximum Age Limits for Special Categories ( Ex-Military Servicemen )
|Categories||Maximum Age Limit|
|Commissioned Officer (CO)||35 Years|
|Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECO)||35 Years|
|Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCO)||35 Years|
SBI PO 2022 Exam Pattern
SBI PO 2022 exam will consist of 3 stages:
- SBI PO Preliminary
- SBI PO Mains
- Personal interview
SBI PO 2022 Prelims Exam Pattern
SBI PO Prelims 2021 exam contains 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) from three different sections. Each section will have a different marking scheme. However, for all the sections, every candidate will get 20 minutes each to complete.
The total duration of the test will be of 1 Hour (60 Minutes) where each section will get 20 minutes each. Let’s look at the detailed section-wise marking scheme below:
|Mode of Examination||Online CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s)|
|Number of Questions||100 Questions|
|Total Weightage||100 Marks (1 Mark per Question)|
|Duration of Examination||60 Minutes / 1 Hour|
|Negative Marking Criteria||0.25 deduction per the wrong answer|
The SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern has been shown as per the sections:
|Name of the Section||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30 x 1||20 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35 x 1||20 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35 x 1||20 Minutes|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks||1 hour|
SBI PO 2022 Mains Exam Pattern
After completing SBI PO Preliminary Examination, every successful candidate will be allowed to sit for the SBI PO Mains Examination. As the name says, the examination will be the final parameter to make a student eligible for the Personal Interview.
|Mode of Examination||Online Computer Based Test Mode|
|Type of Questions||155 MCQs + 2 Descriptive Questions|
|Number of Questions||157 Questions|
|Total Weightage||230 Marks|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours and 30 Minutes (210 Minutes)|
|Negative Marking Criteria||0.25 deduction for the wrong answer|
SBI PO Mains Section-wise Exam Pattern
The nature of the examination is very comprehensive, hence the question and marking pattern are also vital. Unlike Prelims Examination, the SBI PO Mains contains 2 different Tests. While the first Objective Test consists of 4 sections for 155 Questions in 2 Hours, the Second Descriptive Test will be of 30 Minutes having 2 Questions. Let’s look at the detailed SBI PO Mains 2022 Exam Pattern below:
|Name of the Section||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Minute|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 Minute|
|General Economy / Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Minute|
|English Language||35||40||40 Minute|
|Total||155 Questions||200||3 Hours|
SBI PO Mains Descriptive Test of English Language
In SBI PO Main Exam, the second level is the Descriptive Test. It will be taken immediately after the Objective test. The mode of the exam is online.
|Name of the Section||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Letter Writing||1||15||15 Minute|
|Essay Writing||1||15||15 Minute|
|Total||2 Questions||30||30 Minute|
SBI PO 2022 Exam Syllabus
SBI PO Exam contains a vast range in terms of the syllabus. Questions come from varieties of backgrounds suitable for the banking examination. For better understanding, Section wise syllabus has been provided below. One can refer to the official advertisement of the SBI PO Exam for clarity of that.
|English Langauge||Noun, Pronoun, Linking Verbs, Adjectives, Prepositions, Spelling Test, Comprehension, Adverbs, Active and Passive Voice, Fillers, Synonyms, Antonyms, One-word substitution, Comprehension|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Number System, Profit and Loss, Average, Time, Speed, and Distance, Time and Work, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Percentage, Mensuration, LCM and HCF, Mixture of Allegation, and Ratio and Proportion|
|Reasoning Ability||Coding-Decoding, Analogy, Classification Syllogism, Word Formation, Statement and Assumption, Series, Sitting Arrangement, Venn Diagrams, Calendar and Time, Missing Character, Blood Relations, Conclusions and Arguments, Direction Sense Test, Ranking Test, Classification Series Completion.|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||Permutation Combinations, Pie Charts, Bar Graphs, Line Graphs, Tabular Graphs, Case lets, Radar Graphs, Data Sufficiency, and Probability|
|General Economics and Banking Awareness||Micro Economics, Macro Economics, Non-Performing Assets Banking Sector; Roles, Types, Risk, Characteristics Financial Awareness, Basic Accountancy, Investments Risk Market, Oligopoly and Monopoly, Liquidity, Insurance Securities and Exchange Boards.|
SBI PO Result 2022
The organizing committee of the SBI PO Exam declares the result of Prelims / Mains tests after completing that. However, if any of the SBI PO Examination centers causes technical difficulty it may take a few days to declare the results.
Every test contains a specific cutoff that indicates which of the candidates will proceed for the next round. Candidates can check their SBI PO results on the official websites of the State Bank of India.
Process of checking SBI PO 2022 Exam Result
To check the SBI PO Exam Results, follow the steps provided below:
- Step 1: Visit any of the official websites of SBI PO Exam –https://sbi.co.in/ or https://bank.sbi
- Step 2: In the website refer to the Career tab.
- Step 3: In the career, tab looks for the Result Announcement.
- Step 4: Once you find the link click on that, a new window will appear
- Step 5: In that portal submit your Registration No / Roll No and Password / D.O.B
- Step 6: Once you enter all the required credentials, your result will appear on your device screen. Save it and take a printout of the same for further reference.
Application Process of SBI PO 2022 Exam
The only way to fill an application for the SBI PO Exam is online. Candidates need to visit the official website of the State Bank Of India to fill the application form. The official website of the State Bank Of India is https://bank.sbi/web/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers
To know more about how to apply for the SBI PO 2022, follow the restrictions provided below.
Prerequisites for SBI PO Application Form
Before applying to the SBI PO 2022, candidates need to have the required documents. All the prerequisites are listed below:
- Valid and Activate Phone Number.
- Valid and Activate E-Mail Id.
- Scanned Passport Size Photograph [ Dimension: 200 x 300 pixels (Max file size: 50 kb / Minimum file size: 20 kb)]
- Scanned Signature [ Dimension: 140 x 60 pixels (Max file size: 20 kb / Minimum file size: 10 kb)]
Steps of Applying for SBI PO Exam 2022
To apply for the SBI PO Exam 2022, follow the steps provided below:
- Step 1: Visit the website of SBI https://bank.sbi/web/careers
- Step 2: Click on the Careers tab.
- Step 3: Under current openings open the Application Form.
- Step 4: To register fill in all the required data.
- Step 5: Upon registration log in to the portal using the Registration No and Password given in the registered mail id.
- Step 6: Fill in all the required information in the Application Form carefully.
- Step 7: Upload Passport Size Photograph and Signature on the field given.
- Step 8: After filling up the form recheck to make any corrections if required.
- Step 9: Pay the application fee to submit the application form.
- Step 10: Upon paying the required fees take a printout of the e-Receipt and Application form for further reference.
SBI PO 2022 Application Fees
In order to submit the Application Form., candidates need to pay several Application fees. Every category has different application fee, hence all the category wise application fees have been tabulated below.
|General / Unreserved||INR 700/-|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||INR 700/-|
|Economically Weaker Section||INR 700/-|
|SC / ST / PwD||NIL|
SBI PO Admit Card 2022
To get eligible to sit for the SBI PO Exam every candidate needs to download their Admit Card / Call Letter from the official website of the State Bank of India using the required credential. Without SBI PO Admit Card, none of the candidates will be allowed to sit for the examination.
The process to download SBI PO 2022 Exam Call Letter
To download the SBI PO Exam Call Letter follow the steps listed below:
- Step 1: Visit the website of the SBI PO Exam https://ibpsonline.ibps.in/sbiposamar20/clinta_feb21/downloadClose.php
- Step 2: In the portal insert Registration No and D.O.B / Password.
- Step 3: After inputting all the required credentials a different window will open having the Admit Card / Call Letter of the Candidate.
SBI PO 2022 Exam Centers:
As SBI PO is one of the most desirable and sought Examinations, every year Lakhs of the candidate appears for the same. As the mode of the examination is online it requires ample enough computerizing SBI PO test centers to conduct the examination.
Hence the authority has Test Centers across Pan India. Below are state-wise test centers available for the SBI PO Exam.
|State/UT||Pre – Examination / Prelims Exam Centers||Mains Exam Centers|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Chirala, Chittoor, Eluru, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Rajahmundhry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram||Guntur, Kurnool, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur||Guwahati|
|Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad (Bihar), Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea||Arrah, Patna, Muzzafarpur|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh/ Mohali||Chandigarh/ Mohali|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur||Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad/ Gandhinagar, Anand, Himmatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara||Ahmedabad/ Gandhinagar|
|Haryana||Ambala, Faridabad, Gurugram, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Yamunanagar||Ambala, Hissar, Faridabad, Gurugram|
|Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Solan, Una||Shimla, Solan|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Samba, Srinagar||Jammu, Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribag, Jamshedpur, Ranchi||Jamshedpur, Ranch|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Davangere, Dharwad, Gulbarga, Hassan, Hubli, Mandya, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi||Bengaluru|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrichur, Thiruvananthapuram||Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Satna, Sagar, Ujjain||Bhopal, Indore|
|Maharashtra||Amaravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Solapur||Aurangabad, Nagpur, Pune, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai|
|Delhi NCR||Delhi and New Delhi||Delhi and New Delhi|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur||Bhubaneswar|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Fatehgarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Sangrur||Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur||Jaipur|
|Sikkim||Bardang – Gangtok||Bardang – Gangtok|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Erode, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore, Virudhunagar||Chennai, Madurai, Tirunelveli|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal||Hyderabad|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Banda, Faizabad, Ghaziabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Noida/ Greater Noida, Sitapur, Varanasi.||Agra, Allahabad, Ghaziabad, Noida/ Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee||Dehradun|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Durgapur, Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri||Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata|
SBI PO Exam 2022 – Cutoffs
Due to its country-wide popularity and a heavy number of the applicant, it is not possible to expect everyone to be getting eligible for the next round only if they score more or the qualifying marks.
However, SBI PO Exam doesn’t have any certain cutoff but it is much understandable that to stand up among the crowd one needs to pass all the stages with flying colors. To have a better understanding of the expected cutoff for SBI PO 2022, let’s look at the previous year’s cutoff below.
|Category||Cutoff (Prelims) out of 100||Cutoff (Mains) out of 200||Final Cutoff out of 100|
- Candidates need to make sure to score above the previous year’s cutoff, as it changes every year.
- Candidates numbering 10 times (approx.) the numbers of vacancies in each category will be shortlisted for Main Examination from the top of the above merit list.
- Candidates numbering 3 times (approx.) the numbers of vacancies in each category will be short-listed for Personal Interview Round from the top of the above merit list.
SBI PO Exam 2022 – Selection Process
The selection process for the SBI PO 2022 will be of Four – Tier – Selection – Process. Where in every stage, the organizing committee will shortlist candidates based on the previous performance scored by them. To understand the stage-wise selection process, look at the points covered below.
SBI PO Exam 2022 – Stage wise Selection Process:
- All the candidates need to appear for the SBI PO Preliminary Examination to qualify for the second stage.
- After the result declaration of the Preliminary round, SBI will prepare a merit list containing all the categories.
- Once the merit list is out, SBI will call approximately 10 times more no of a candidate than the vacancy, for the SBI PO Mains Examination.
- All the candidates who got a call letter for the Mains Examination need to attempt and clear to be eligible for the third stage.
- After the result declaration of the Mains round, SBI will prepare a merit list containing all the categories.
- Once the merit list is out, SBI will call approximately 3 times more no of candidates than the vacancy, for the Group Discussion / Personal Interview Round.
- Once the candidate completes their SBI PO Prelims and SBI PO Mains Examination and got their Call Letter for the GD / PI will be eligible for this round.
- Based on the previous performance SBI will select candidates either for Personal Interview comprising (50 Marks) or both Personal Interview (30 Marks) and Group Discussion (20 Marks).
- Candidates need to qualify minimum marks to become eligible for the Final Stage.
- After successfully appearing in all the stages, the SBI PO Exam organizing committee will finalize the list of qualified candidates who will join the Bank as Probationary Officer.
- To finalize the list, the SBI PO Exam organizing committee will convert the SBI PO Mains marks (Out of 250) into 75%. And for the rest of 25%, they will screen the marks got by the candidate in the GD / PI Round (Out of 50).
- Once the committee converts all the marks, they will prepare and publish the final list.
- Selection will be made from the top list of candidates from each category.
Every selected candidate will receive their Joining Letter from the State Bank of India. They have to backpack and join the allotted branch in the framing time.
SBI PO 2022 Training, Salary, and Allowances
After successfully completing all the screening processes of the SBI PO Exam, all the candidates will join the organization as Probationary Officer. To reach the role of Assistant Manager candidates need to pass through various stages. Along with a hectic training period, candidates will be rewarded with INR 27,620/- as the joining amount. Let’s take a look at the training process, benefits, salary & allowances and, promotion of Probationary Officers after completing SBI PO Exam, below:
SBI PO 2022 Training Period
After completing the SBI PO Exam, all the selected candidates will join the branch as Junior Manager Stage – 1 for the Probation Period of 2 years. In the probation period, all the Junior Manager will go through immense training from their seniors to justify the designation and organization. During the probation period, Junior Managers will be posted in different settings to assist the senior managers. They may get 2 or more transfers to occupy work experience in different work settings and environments.
SBI PO 2022 Salary
The most exciting part of a job for the freshly joined employee is their salary. SBI values all its employees hence they offer handsome packages to the Junior Managers who join the company after SBI PO Exam. The joining salary will be INR 27,620/ Rs. During the probation period of 2 Years, all the Junior Managers will receive 3 advance increments. The increments will be:
- Joining Amount: INR 27,620/
- After 1st Increment: INR 30,560/
- After 2nd Increment: INR 32,850/
- After 3rd Increment: INR 42,020/
SBI PO 2022 Allowances
Every job comes with a lot of perks and avenues. The same scenario works for the Junior Manager of SBI also. Let’s look at the allowances every Joined Employee will get from the State Bank of India:
DA: Dearness Allowance
HRA: House Rent Allowance
CCA: City Compensatory Allowance
MA & HA: Medical and Health Allowance
In this article, we have discussed various aspects of the SBI PO 2022 exam in great detail. It is suggested that candidates willing to sit for this exam have a nice look at this article. It is hoped that the content of this article clears all their queries and confusion.
Other useful Articles:
- Biography of Ratan Tata- Early Life, Career, Important Lessons
- Air India Deal – History, Alliance and Tata Connection
- SBI PO Syllabus 2021- Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- MP SI 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- UPPSC Syllabus 2022 and Exam Pattern
- UPPSC Exam 2022 Notification, Dates, Pattern, Syllabus, Result
- UGC NET 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- UGC NET Exam 2021 Details – About, Dates, Syllabus, Timing, Pattern
- UPTET Exam 2021- Notification, Date, Pattern, Syllabus
- SSC JE 2022 Exam Notification, Exam date, Pattern, Syllabus