SSC CGL 2022 Exam Pattern: Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CGL Exam in 4 stages (tiers) and will be continuing this for the SSC CGL 2022 as well. All the tiers are designed to test the level of expertise of a candidate in different spheres. The number of candidates will reduce many folds with every tier, so aspirants need to put equal thrust to get through each of them.
Note: The score for SSC CGL Tier-1 & Tier-2 Exam will be normalized (adjusted) if it is conducted in multiple shifts. The normalization score will be decided by SSC and it will be considered final for selecting candidates for the further rounds (Tier-3 & Tier-4) of the SSC CGL 2022 Exam.
SSC CGL 2022 Tier-wise Pattern
SSC CGL 2022 Exam pattern Tier-1
- In Tier 1 exam, the aspirants have to answer multiple-choice questions and the questions will be in Hindi and English (except for English Comprehension).
- In Tier 1 exam, the aspirants will get a deduction of 0.50 marks for every incorrect answer. Must Read: Tier I Analysis.
- The aspirants should get the minimum qualifying SSC CGL Cutoff marks to appear for the Tier 2 exam.
The table below provides basic details of SSC CGL 2022 Tier-1:
|Total Questions||100 (25 Questions per section)|
|Total Marks||200 (50 Marks per section )|
|Total Duration||60 minutes|
The following are the sections in SSC CGL 2022 Tier-1 :
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
The table below shows sectional questions, marks, and time distribution:
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
Correct Answer: +2 marks
Incorrect Answer: -0.5 marks
Left unanswered: 0 marks
SSC CGL 2022 Exam Pattern Tier-2
- Tier 2 comprises four papers – Paper I, II, III, IV.
- Paper I & II are mandatory for all posts.
- Paper III is valid only for candidates who have applied for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and were shortlisted in Tier 1 for this post/ paper.
- Paper IV is valid only for candidates who have applied for the post of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer and shortlisted in Tier 1 for this post/ paper.
- In Tier 2, the aspirants will get a deduction of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer in paper II (English Language and Comprehension) and 0.50 marks for every incorrect answer in Paper I, III, and IV.
|Papers||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|Paper-I: Quantitative Ability||100||200||2 hours|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
|Paper-III: Statistics||100||200||2 hours|
|Paper-IV: General Studies||100||200||2 hours|
Correct Answer: +2 marks (Paper I, III & IV); +1 (Paper-II- English)
Incorrect Answer: -0.5 marks (Paper I, III & IV); -0.25 (Paper-II- English)
Left unanswered: 0 marks
SSC CGL 2022 Exam pattern Tier-3
- The Tier 3 paper will be answered either in Hindi or in English.
- The candidates have to write their correct roll number to the prescribed places on the cover page of the answer book.
- The candidates also need to affix the left-hand thumb impression and signature in the relevant column of the answer book.
- The answer books containing the roll number, signature, and left thumb impression will be awarded as zero marks.
- The candidates should not reveal their personal identity such as name, mobile number, or address inside the answer books.
|Number of Papers||1|
|Question Type||Descriptive (Pen and paper-based)|
|Sections||Essay Writing Letter/Application Writing Passage Writing|
|Duration||•1 hour•1 hour and 20 minutes for the aspirants who eligible for scribe|
SSC CGL 2022 Exam Pattern Tier-4
- SSC CGL Tier-4 Exam is a Computer Skill Test. It will be conducted in two steps: DEST Test & CPT Test.
- DEST: Candidates are required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes on a computer in English. This test is conducted to check a candidate’s writing skills.
- CPT: This test is conducted to check a candidate’s proficiency in Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Generation of Slides.
|Total Marks||Qualifying in Nature|
|Time Duration||15 minutes|
|Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)||Only for candidates applying for the post of Tax Assistants (in Central Excise and Income Tax).Criteria: 8000 key depression per hour|
|Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)||Only for candidates applying for the post of Assistant Section Officer.Three modules: Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and Generation of Slides|
SSC CGL Data Entry Skill Test
The aspirants, who are willing to apply for the post of Tax Assistants (Central Excise & Income Tax), can apply for the test. As per the regulations, the aspirants should have the capability of typing 8000 key depressions in each hour (on the computer). On the other hand, as per the skill test, the candidates should type 2000 Key Depressions in 15 minutes.
SSC CGL Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
The following posts specifically require this test:
- Assistant Section Officer in CSS MEA and AFHQ.
- Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Inspector (Central Excise)
- Inspector (Examiner) in CBEC
- Assistant (GSI) in Ministry of Mines
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)
SSC CGL Document Verification (DV)
When the candidates appear for SSC CGL Document Verification round, they must have the following documents with them. The failure to produce any of them would result in immediate disqualification.
List of Documents
|Matriculation/ secondary certificate||Educational qualification certificate|
|Caste/ category certificate (if applicable)||SC/ST/OBC/PwD certificates (Central list for OBC)|
|Mark sheets of all the three years of graduation||Provisional certificate/ certificate of graduation|
|Two passport-size colored photos||Identity proof|
|Relevant certificate if seeking any age relaxation||Relevant documents for Ex-Servicemen|
|No Objection certificate, in the case already employed in Government/ Non-Government undertakings||Any other document specified in admit card|
SSC CGL is one of the most sought-after government exams, if not the most. Hence, every candidate should have a clear idea of the exam pattern and in the article above we have discussed the SSC CGL 2022 Exam Pattern in great detail. We have tried to keep the article as informational as possible, and hope it helps students preparing or thinking to prepare for this exam.
- SSC CHSL Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022
- SSC GD Exam Details 2021-22- About, Exam Pattern Syllabus, Selection
- SSC GD Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022
- SSC MTS Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022
- SSC MTS 2022 Exam Details- Imp Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus,
- SBI PO Exam Syllabus 2022- Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- SBI PO Exam 2022: Exam Date, Application, Syllabus
- RRB NTPC Syllabus 2021 for CBT-1 & CBT-2
- UPSC EPFO 2022 Exam Details
- RBI Grade B Syllabus & Exam Pattern[Updated 2021]