About SSC CGL 2022 Notification
SSC CGL 2022 Notification Details: The Staff Selection Commission of India conducts the Combined Graduation Level exams, which is a nationwide Computer Based Test to select candidates for many non-gazetted posts in several ministries and departments in the country. Thousands of candidates apply for this exam every year, but only a handful get through.
SSC CGL 2022 Basic Info
The table below provides the basic information about SSC CGL 2022:
|Name of Exam||SSC CGL 2022 Details|
|Exam Conducted by||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Mode||Tier-I and Tier-II: Computer-Based Test, Tier -III: Pen paper mode Tier IV: Skill Test/Computer Ability Test|
|Type of Exam||Central Level Recruitment Exam|
|Total Questions||100 (in Tier 1 and Mathematics Tier-2), 200 (English Tier 2)|
|Section||4 (In Tier 1) & 2 in Tier 2|
|Marks||100 (Tier-1), 400 (Tier-2), 100 (Tier-3)|
|Question Types||MCQ (Multiple Choice Question)|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour (for tier-1), 2 Hours for tier-2 for each paper, Tier 3 – 60 Minutes, Tier 4 – 45 Minutes|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
SSC CGL 2022 Important Dates (Tentative)
The table below lists all the important dates against events regarding SSC CGL 2022 exam date:
|The online registration process commences from –||November 2021|
|Tier-1 Examination –||May, June 2022|
|Tier-1 Admit Card Downloading –||May 2022|
|Result Announcement –||August 2022|
|Tier-2 Examination –||September 2022|
|Tier-2 Admit Card Download –||August 2022|
|Result Announcement –||October 2022|
|Tier-3 Examination Date –||November 2022|
|Tier-4 DEST/ Computer Skill Test –||December 2022|
Before applying for SSC CGL 2022, aspirants must satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed by the SSC. Candidates are advised to read all the conditions mentioned in SSC CGL Notification 2022 carefully. The focus points are:
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian citizen/a subject of Bhutan or Nepal. A Tibetan refugee who came here before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle here permanently.
- Age Limit: The age limit will be counted as of the 1st of August 2022. Age criteria may vary post to post. The minimum age is 18 years and the maximum age is 32 years.
- The date of birth mentioned in the Matriculation (10th) certificate or equivalent exam will be taken into consideration.
- Educational qualification: Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University. In some posts like Statistical Investigator Grade-II, the candidates should have the concerned subject at degree level.
|Candidate’s Category||Age Relaxation|
|PH (OBC)||13 years|
|PH (General)||10 years|
|PH (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (General)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
SSC CGL 2022 Exam Pattern:
The selection process involves the following 4 stages or tiers
- Tier I: Computer Based Exam – Written Examination
- Tier II: Computer Based Exam – Written Examination
- Tier III: Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)
- Tier IV: Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) (wherever applicable) / Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)/ Document Verification
Tier-I of SSC CGL 2022 will be consisting of four sections
- General intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative aptitude
- English Language
Sectional distribution of no. of questions and marks:
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
- Paper-I and Paper-II will be compulsory for all the posts.
- Candidates have to appear in Paper-III also for Statistical Investigation.
- Paper-IV is meant for the candidates opting for Assistant Audit Officer.
- The language of the paper will be both English and Hindi.
- Negative marking is also applicable in this test. There is a deduction of 0.50 marks for the wrong attempt in Paper-I(Maths) and 0.25 marks in Paper-II(English).
- Candidates can check details of the subject with the number of questions and marks in the table below:
|I||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hrs (for each Paper)For VH/ OH: 160 Minutes|
|II||English Language & Comprehension||200q1q2||200|
(Finance and Economics)
The paper will be in English/Hindi and will constitute a descriptive type
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter, Application etc.)||100 marks||1 hour or 60 minutes|
It is a Computer Skill Test. It will be conducted in two steps: DEST Test & CPT Test.
DEST: Candidates are required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes on a computer in English. This test is conducted to check a candidate’s typing skills.
CPT: This test is conducted to check a candidate’s proficiency in Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Generation of Slides.
SSC CGL 2022 Syllabus
Quantitative Aptitude questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Percentage. Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles.
General Intelligence and Reasoning Syllabus
General Intelligence and Reasoning include questions of both verbal and non-verbal types. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning, etc.
The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/ pattern- folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern- folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of center codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics, if any.
English Language & Comprehension
This section measures Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his/their basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested. This section may include questions on Phrases and Idioms, One-word Substitution, Sentence Correction, Error Spotting, Fill in the Blanks, Spellings Correction, Reading Comprehension, Synonyms-Antonyms, Active Passive, Sentence Rearrangement, Sentence Improvement, Cloze test, etc.
Questions in this section will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness (GK+GS) of the environment around them and its application to society. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research. The questions will also be asked from Science, Sports, Important Schemes, Current Affairs, Portfolios, People in News, etc.
After the preliminary exam has been conducted, it will be necessary to gear up for the Mains Exam of the SSC CGL 2021 Exam.
Paper-I (Quantitative Abilities):
Number System: Whole Numbers, NU, Fractions, and Relationships Between Numbers
Fundamental arithmetic operations:
Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work.
Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations.
Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Areas and volumes of Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base
Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension):
Spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/ detecting misspelled words, idioms & phrases, one-word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/ passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/ indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage & comprehension passage.
1. Collection, Classification, and Presentation of Statistical Data – Primary and Secondary data, Methods of data collection; Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions.
2. Measures of Central Tendency – Common measures of central tendency – mean median and mode; Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles.
3. Measures of Dispersion- Common measures dispersion – range, quartile deviations, mean deviation, and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion.
4. Moments, Skewness, and Kurtosis – Different types of moments and their relationship; the meaning of skewness and kurtosis; different measures of skewness and kurtosis.
5. Correlation and Regression – Scatter diagram; simple correlation coefficient; simple regression lines; Spearman‟s rank correlation; Measures of association of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlations (For three variables only).
6. Probability Theory – Meaning of probability; Different definitions of probability; Conditional probability; Compound probability; Independent events; Bayes‟ theorem.
7. Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Random variable; Probability functions; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variables (discrete).
8. Sampling Theory – Concept of population and sample; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and nonprobability sampling techniques (simple random sampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, multiphase sampling, cluster sampling, systematic sampling, purposive sampling, convenience sampling, and quota sampling); Sampling distribution (statement only); Sample size decisions.
9. Statistical Inference – Point estimation and interval estimation, properties of a good estimator, Methods of estimation (Moments method, Maximum likelihood method, Least squares method), Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small sample and large sample tests, Tests based on Z, t, Chi-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals.
10. Analysis of Variance – Analysis of one-way classified data and two-way classified data.
11. Time Series Analysis – Components of time series, Determinations of trend component by different methods, Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods.
12. Index Numbers – Meaning of Index Numbers, Problems in the construction of index numbers, Types of index number, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers, Uses of Index Numbers.
Paper-IV (General Studies-Finance and Economics):
Part A: Finance and Accounts-(80 marks):
Fundamental principles and basic concept of Accounting:
1.1 Financial Accounting: Nature and scope, Limitations of Financial Accounting, Basic concepts and Conventions, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
1.2 Basic concepts of accounting: Single and double entry, Books of original Entry, Bank Reconciliation, Journal, ledgers, Trial Balance, Rectification of Errors, Manufacturing, Trading, Profit & loss Appropriation Accounts, Balance Sheet Distinction between Capital and Revenue Expenditure, Depreciation Accounting, Valuation of Inventories, Non-profit organisations Accounts, Receipts and Payments and Income & Expenditure Accounts, Bills of Exchange, Self Balancing Ledgers.
Part B: Economics and Governance-(120 marks):
2.1 Comptroller & Auditor General of India- Constitutional provisions, Role, and responsibility.
2.2 Finance Commission-Role and functions.
2.3 Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics: Definition, scope and nature of Economics, Methods of economic study and Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve.
2.4 Theory of Demand and Supply: Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand, Price, income and cross elasticity; Theory of consumer’s behaviour Marshallian approach and Indifference curve approach, Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of Supply.
2.5 Theory of Production and cost: Meaning and Factors of production, Laws of production- Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale.
2.6 Forms of Market and price determination in different markets: Various forms of markets-Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly ad Price determination in these markets.
2.7 Indian Economy:
2.7.1 Nature of the Indian Economy Role of different sectors Role of Agriculture, Industry and Services-their problems and growth.
2.7.2 National Income of India-Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income.
2.7.3 Population-Its size, rate of growth, and its implication on economic growth.
2.7.4 Poverty and unemployment- Absolute and relative poverty, types, causes, and incidence of unemployment.
2.7.5 Infrastructure-Energy, Transportation, Communication.
2.8 Economic Reforms in India: Economic reforms since 1991; Liberalisation, Privatisation, Globalisation, and Disinvestment.
2.9 Money and Banking:
2.9.1 Monetary/ Fiscal policy- Role and functions of Reserve Bank of India; functions of commercial Banks/RRB/Payment Banks.
2.9.2 Budget and Fiscal deficits and Balance of payments.
2.9.3 Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003.
2.10 Role of Information Technology in Governance.
Note: Questions in Paper-I will be of Matriculation Level, Paper-II of 10+2 Level and in Paper-III and Paper-IV of Graduation Level.
The candidates who will qualify the SSC CGL 2022 Tier-I and Tier-II exams will get an opportunity to appear in the Tier-III exam. The CGL Tier-III test is a descriptive type test. The duration of this test will be 1 hour. The candidate’s ability to write an Essay and Precis will be examined in this section.
|Mode||Pen and paper mode (offline)|
|Sections||Essays, Précis, Application, Letter Etc.|
Tier-IV examination comprises of a couple of skill sets required for certain Government Posts all over the country.
DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax), DEST Exam through SSC CGL 2021 exam is conducted to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given an article in English which they have to type on Computer. A candidate is required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes.
CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): Word Processing, Spread Sheets and Generation of slides are the three modules that are important for this exam and the commission demands a candidate to be proficient in it for the post of CSS, MEA, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner)
SSC CGL 2022 Online Application form
Steps to Apply Online for SSC CGL 2022 Exam:
Step 1: Click on the official link for SSC CGL which is provided above on this page or Go to the official website of SSC (https://ssc.nic.in/).
Step 2: The registration link for SSC CGL 2022 will open up in the new window.
Step 3: Click on New User / Register Now link.
Step 4: To begin with the online registration for SSC CGL 2021, a candidate needs to provide basic details of themselves like name, parents name, date of birth, email id, mobile number etc.
Step 5: Click on submit button to submit your online registration form of SSC CGL 2021. It is advised that candidates verify their details before submitting the form. All the candidates will be issued Registration ID for SSC CGL 2021 exam.
Candidates are required to login with the provided Registration ID, date of birth and password to complete registration for SSC CGL 2021.
Step 6: In the next step, candidates are required to upload photograph and signature by following the requisites mentioned by Staff Selection Commission of India.
Photograph – The photograph of a candidate must be clicked in front of white colour or light coloured background. The size of photograph must be more than 4 kb and less than 12 kb in size. The resolution of the photograph must be 100*120 pixels in width and height.
Signature – The signature provided by the candidate must be in black or blue ink on white sheet. The scanned copy of signature that needs to be submitted must be in jpg format and it should be more than 1 kb and less than 12 kb in size. The resolution of the image should be 40*60 pixels in width and height.
Step 7: Login with registered ID and password to complete the Part-II of the application form of SSC CGL 2022.
Step 8: After filling out the application form, candidates must preview the entire application of SSC CGL 2022 once to look for any glitches in the form, if any as the application form once submitted cannot be edited again.
Step 9: Click on Final Submit button after previewing the complete online SSC CGL 2022 application form.
It is advised that Candidates download and get print copies of submitted application form of SSC CGL 2022.
Lastly, candidates can proceed to submit the application fee for SSC CGL 2022 either via online mode (through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards) or offline mode (through cash in SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan). A candidate must pay Rs. 100/- as SSC CGL 2022 Online Application Fee. The category wise examination form fee details are given below:
SSC CGL 2022 Application Fee
|General/ OBC||Rs. 100|
|Female, SC, ST, PwD, & Ex-Servicemen||Nil|
In this article, we have discussed SSC CGL 2022 Exam in detail. We have tried to touch every aspect of the same right from basic information to the step-by-step application procedure. It is hoped that the information contained in this article helps candidates opting for this test.
SSC CGL 2022 Recommended Books
- Plinth to Paramount Vol-1
- Plinth to Paramount Vol-2
- MB Publication English Sets
- Blackbook of English Vocabulary
- SSC Kiran English Previous Year
- Play with Advance Maths – Abhinay Sharma
- Advance Maths – Rakesh Yadav
- Arithmetic Maths – Rakesh Yadav
- Rakesh Yadav Classnotes
- SSC Kiran Previous Year Maths