In this post, you can Find Complete Mughal Empire Short Notes for Quick Revision for SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, and other competitive exams. These are very crisp and most important points from the Mughal Empire Medieval History of India, Also Check Medieval History Short Notes for Delhi Sultanate by Manish Aggarwal.
Mughal Empire [1526-40 & 1555-1857]
Table of Contents
- Babur (1526-30)
- Humayun (1530-40 & 1555-56)
- Akbar (1556-1605)
- Jahangir (1605-1627)
- Shah Jahan (1628-1658)
- Aurangzeb (1658-1707)
- Founder of Mughal Empire – Babur
- 1st Battle of Panipat(1526) – Babur Vs Ibrahim Lodhi
- Babur was a Mongolian, descendant of Timur and Chengiz Khan.
- Founder of mughal empire.
- 1st to use Artillery and Gun powder in India.
- Autobiography : Tuzuk-i-Baburi (Turki)
- Translated to Persian (Baburnama) by Abdul Rahim Khanekhana
- Translated to English by Madam Bevridge.
- Architecture- Mosques :
- Kabulibagh – Panipat
- Sambhal – Rohilakhand
- Battles :
- 1st Battle of Panipat (1526) Babur Vs ibrahim Lodhi
- Battle of Khanwa (1527) – Babur Vs Rana Sanga(Sangram Singh)
- Battle of Chanderi (1528) – Babur Vs Medini Rai
- Battle of Ghagra (1529) – Babur Vs Md Lodi
- Tomb (1530) – Kabul (t/f from Agra).
Humayun [1530-40 & 1555-56]
- Battles with Sher Shah Suri :
- Chausa (1539)
- Kannauj/Bilgram (1540)
- Biography – Humayun Nama by Gulbadan Begum (sister)
- 2nd Capital – Built Din Panah (Delhi ).
- Died while climbing stairs @ Din Panah.
- Tomb – Delhi (built by Haji Begum )
- Designed by Mirza Ghiyas (Persian Arch).
(Sur Empire) – Sher Shah Suri [1540-1555]
- 2nd Afghan Dynasty.
- Son of Hasan Khan (jagirdar of Sasaram).
- 2 Battles with Humayun at Chausa(1539) & Bilgram(1540).
- He issued Coin called Rupia.
- He Built – Grand Trunk Road (east Bengal- Lahore)
- Built Purana Quila at Delhi.
- Know for his Admin Reforms & land revenue policy.
- Tomb – Sasaram (Bihar)
Akbar (Mughal Emp Cont.)[1556-1605]
- Name – Jalaluddin Md Akbar Badshah Ghazi
- His Regent – Bairam Khan.
- Petticoat Govt.(1560-62) – under influence of Mahamanga & Adham Khan.
- Wife – Harraka Bai (Jodha Bai)[Daughter of Bharmal, rajput of Ajmer- Jaipur].
- New Religion – Din-i-illahi ( fllowed by Birbal only).
- Battles :
- 2nd Battle of Panipat (1556) – Hemu(Md.Adil Shah) Vs Bairam Khan(Akbar).
- Battle of Haldighati (1576) – Rana Pratap (Mewar Rajput) Vs Man Singh(Amer)Akbar
- Capital Shift from Agra to Fatehpur Sikri.
- Arch :
- Fatehpur Sikri(near Agra) – > Salim Chisti’s Tomb
- Agra Fort
- Lahore Fort
- Allahabad Fort
- Ibadat Khana
- Sheesh Mahal
- Panch Mahal – ‘Dream in Stones’
- Buland Darwaza – Sikri
- Abolished Jaziya(1556).
- 9 Jewels of Akbar :
- Birbal(Admin) Abul Fazal(scholar)
- Faizi(scholar) TodarMal(Revenue)
- BhagwanDas (mansabdar) Tansen (Musician)
- Man Singh (Mansabdar) Mulla do Pyaza (Cook)
- Abdul Rahim Khane Khana (poet )
- Books :
- Akbar Nama (persian) – Abul Fazl
- Ain-i-Akbari – Abul Fazl
- Intro – Mansabdari System(Zat & Sawar)
- Tulaadan System
- Tulsidaas (wrote RamcharitraManas )was his contemporary.
- Badauni translated Mahabharat & Ramayana into Persian.
- Tomb – Sikandara
- Name – Salim (Sheikho baba)
- Strict Admin for justice estb. – ( Zanjir-e- Adalat).
- Wife- Mihar-un-nisa (Nurjahan – Padshah Begum).
- Visitors :
- Captain William Hawkins(EIC-1608)
- Sir Thiomas Roe(1615)- england
- Book : Tuzuk-i-Jahangiri (persian)
- Painting was at Zenith during is reign.
- Famous Painters – Abdul Hasan, Ust.Mansur, Bhishandas
- Arch : Moti Masjid (Lahore)
- Tomb : Shahdara (Lahore)
- Name – Khurram
- Wife – Arzumand Bano (Mumtaz mahal)
- Arch : Red Fort(Delhi) , Taj Mahal(Dream in Marble), Jama Masjid(Delhi), Moti Masjid(Agra), Khaas Mahal(Agra), Mussman Burz( Agra).
- Visitor : Manucci (Italy – 1653), Tavernier & Berbier (France)
- Capital shift – Shahjanabad (old Delhi) from Agra.
- Built -> Takht-i-Taus (peacock Throne )
- Dara Shikho Translated Gita & Upanishads into Persian.
- Tomb -> Taj Mahal
- Title – Alamgir , Zinda Pir
- Wife – Rabbia-ud-daura
- Re imposed jaziya
- Banned – Sati, Jharoka Darshan, Music in Court, Tuladaan Sys.
- Book – Raqqat-e-Alamgiri.
- Arch : Bibi ka Maqbara (Black Taj Mahal – Aurangabad)
- Moti Masjid(Delhi)
- Tomb – Khuldabed (Daulatabad)
Later Emperors [1707-1857]
- Bahadur Shah I (1707-12) — > Jahandar Shah(1712-13) — > Farrukh Siyar (1713-1719) –> Md Shah (1719-1748) — > Ahmed Shah Abdali (1748-54) — > Alamgir II (1754-59) — > Shah Alam II (1759-1806) –> Akbar II (1806-37) — > Bahadur Shah II (1837-57)
- Nadir Shah plundered India and took away Takht-i-taus & kohinoor Diamond during the reign of Md Shah(Rangila Badshah)
- Bahadur Shah Zafar II was the leader in revolt of 1857 from Delhi. He was Last Mughal emperor and deported to Rangoon.
To Download the Pdf of the Short Notes of Medieval History of India for SSC CGL : Mughal Empire click on the download pdf.
- List of Computer Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: A Comprehensive List 
- List of Dance Forms in India- Folk & Classical Dance State wise PDF
- List of Governor General of India- Mordern History PDF
- List of Important Places in India PDF 
- List of Top 10 Longest Rivers In India PDF