UPSC Exam Details 2022: Union Public Services Commission conducts exams for selecting candidates for the posts of the highest level of government executive. Commonly known as UPSC, this exam is one of the most popular exams in the country, if not the most popular. It is also considered the toughest exam in the country. Every aspirant must have ultimate focus, persistence, and consistency to get through this rigorous selection process.
UPSC 2022 Exam Basic Info
|Name of the Exam||Civil Services Examination|
|Level of the Exam||National Level Exam|
|Conducting Body||UPSC – Union Public Service Commission|
|Periodicity of Exam||Yearly|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen-Paper Mode)|
|Expected Registration||Approx. 3 lakh|
|Total Vacancies||Approximate 600|
|Number of Attempts||General: 6 AttemptsSC/ST: no limitOBC: 9 Attempts|
UPSC 2022 Exam Important Dates
The table below lists all the important dates against their respective events:
|Events||Exam Dates (2021)||Exam Dates (2022)|
|UPSC CSE 2022 Notification release Date||4th March 2021||2nd February 2022|
|Date of Application form availability||4th March 2021||2nd February 2022|
|Online Application form Last date Submit||24th March 2021||22nd February 2022|
|Prelims Exam Admit Card||—||June 2022|
|UPSC IAS 2022 Prelims Date||10th October 2021||5th June 2022|
|Preliminary exam result||—||August 2022|
|Admit Card for Main Exam||—||September 2022|
|Exam Date (Main)||7th, 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th January 2022.||16th September 2022|
|Final result Announced||—||January 2023|
UPSC 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The aspirants applying for the examination first check the UPSC 2022 Eligibility of the examination. Only those candidates fulfilling the criteria can fill the application form.
- Nationality- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for the UPSC exam 2022.
- Age Limit – The minimum age limit should be 21 years old and the maximum age limit must be 32 years old.
UPSC Age Limit for Civil Services Exam 2022
The candidates must have attained 21 years of age and be less than 32 years of age as of 1st August 2022. *The official notification will carry UPSC Age Limit 2022 details.
|Category||Minimum Age Limit for UPSC||Maximum Age Limit for UPSC|
- Educational Qualifications- The candidate must have completed a graduate degree in any of the recognized universities.
Age Relaxation & Number of Attempts:
|Category||UPSC Age Limit- Upper Relaxation||Number of Attempts|
|SC/ST||37||Unlimited (Up to age limit)|
|Disabled Defence Services Personnel||35||9|
Benchmark Disability – EWS (Economically weaker section)
UPSC Exam 2022 Exam Pattern
The Mains exam pattern is conventional essay-type questions, with subject papers counted for merit including the four General Studies Papers, and two optional papers, and an essay paper. Additionally, two language papers, Paper A and B are qualifying papers with 300 marks each (do not count for ranking). Other than the language papers, the remaining seven papers including the optional subject papers, are awarded 250 marks each. The maximum mark awarded to the candidate for the personality test is 275. The total is 2025.
|SPECIFICATION||Preliminary Exam||Mains Exam|
|Medium||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
|Total Qualifying Papers||2||7|
|Total weightage||200 Each (400 Marks)||1750 Marks|
|Question Types||Multiple Choice||Both Subjective & Objective|
|Negative Marking||one-third (0.33) for each incorrect answer||one-third (only for objective type questions)|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours per Paper||3 Hours per Paper|
UPSC 2022 Exam Syllabus
Find below the UPSC CSE 2022 Syllabus for Prelims General Studies Part 1, prelims paper-2 & Mains Exam. Here candidates also can see some topics, according to below candidates can prepare for IAS exam 2022:
- Current Affairs: Candidates must be aware of current National & International Issues & events
- History: Excellent knowledge of Indian History.
- Geography (Indian and World): In this section, candidates have deep knowledge in social, physical, economic geography.
- Environment: It consisting of Environment Ecology, General Science, Biodiversity & General Issues on Climatic Change.
- Indian Polity and Government: Political System, Constitution of India, Panchayati Raj, etc
- Economics: Sustainable Development, Social Sector Initiatives, Demographics Poverty, Inclusion, etc.
- General Science
- Syllabus for Prelims Paper-2:
- Problem– making, solving, and decision.
- General mental ability: Examine the candidates General Mental Ability test
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning: Examiner will check the candidates Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation.
- Communication & Interpersonal skills Test
The Civil Service 2022 Mains Exam will be 1750 marks and the Interview contains 275 Marks. UPSC Mains exam the total number of papers will be nine but only seven papers will be weighed upon the final ranking. UPSC Mains exam also includes the two language papers in these paper candidates that need to high score as per order commission each year. These two papers mentioned below First paper will be Paper -A (Indian Language) & the Second paper will be Paper-B: (English language):
Paper –A (Indian Language):
Candidates can choose a language for this paper. There are some states of India This paper is not compulsory for candidates these states are Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Sikkim & Nagaland.
Paper-B: English language:
|A||Indian languages listed below, the language will be select by the candidate||300|
|Paper II||GS 1-Syllabus: History, Culture of Indian Heritage & Geography of world||250|
|Paper III||GS 2-Syllabus: Governance, Constitution, Polity, International relations & Social Justice||250|
|Paper IV||GS 3-Syllabus: Technology, Economic Development, Disaster management & security, Environment & biodiversity||250|
|Paper V||GS 4-Syllabus: Aptitude, integrity, and Ethics||250|
|Paper VI||Optional Paper I||250|
|Paper VII||Optional Paper-II||250|
UPSC Civil Service Exam 2022 Interview
After the Exam, the next phase is an interview. It will be conducted to check your personality. The interviewer checks for your intellectual skills, communication skills, mental ability, and way of responding. It will be like a natural conversation. The candidates must be aware of the current things happening around them national as well as international. A candidate must be careful when filling the summary sheet with personal interests and hobbies as the interview test (in the case of the candidate qualifying for the same) may be based on the information provided in this field.
UPSC 2022 Admit Card
Admit Card of UPSC 2022 Pre and Mains will be released separately. The Candidate will have to download it from the official site. The admit card will be released one week before the examination. When the admit card will be available the candidates will get a notification regarding it. Candidates can download admit card by entering their application number and password/date of birth. The candidate without admit card will not be allowed to attend the exam.
UPSC 2022 Result
The result would be declared on the official website after the completion of each phase. The candidates need to visit the official website of UPSC to check the result. The candidate can check it by entering their registration id and password.
UPSC 2022 Application Process
Steps to fill the UPSC 2022 Application Form:
Step 1: Go to the official website of UPSC.
Step 2: On the Home Page click on UPSC IAS Application Form.
Step 3: After clicking on it the application form will get opened this consists of two parts 1 and 2.
Step 4: Then, register by filling in the details of part 1.
Step 5: A registration ID and password will be sent to your provided email Id and phone number.
Step 6: Login using registration ID and password.
Step 7: Fill the rest application form with all verified details.
Step 8: After that Upload, the scanned documents asked in the application form like a photograph, signature, etc.
Step 9: Make the Payment of the application fee.
Step 10: Recheck all the details and submit your application form.
Step 11: Before submitting the application form online, a candidate must take the printout of the application form.
- A candidate (except female/SC/ST) must be ready with payment options for the application fee of Rs. 100/- to be paid by online methods.
Best Books to Helpful You Preparing for Exam:
- Struggle for Independence by Chandra
- Get Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
- Indian Polity by Laxmikanth
- Environment and Ecology by Majid Hussain
- Get Environment and Ecology by Hussain
- Brief History of Modern India. Also go through Ancient, Medieval and Modern India while preparing for History
- For Indian Art and Culture, refer to Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh, Mc Graw Hill’s Indian Economy consisted of Economy syllabus such as Planning, Agriculture, Economic Reforms, Industrialization and Policy, Inflation, Banking, External Trade, etc
- Physical Geography by Goh Cheng Leong
- Facets of Indian Culture by Spectrum
- A New Look at Modern Indian History by BL Grover
- India Since Independence by Bipin Chandra
- A History of Modern World by Ranjan Chakravarti
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 is as usual going to be very much competitive and every candidate eyeing this test is recommended to go through each detail very carefully and prepare as accordingly. It can really be a cakewalk if worked smartly with consistency. Hope this article helps all the aspirants of the UPSC 2022 Exam.
Other useful Articles:
- SSC CHSL Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022
- SSC GD Exam Details 2021-22- About, Exam Pattern Syllabus, Selection
- SSC GD Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022
- SSC MTS Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022
- SSC MTS 2022 Exam Details- Imp Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus,
- SBI PO Exam Syllabus 2022- Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- SBI PO Exam 2022: Exam Date, Application, Syllabus
- RRB NTPC Syllabus 2021 for CBT-1 & CBT-2