UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2022: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct a recruitment test (RT) for the post of Enforcement Officer/Accounts Officer, Employees & Provident Fund Organisation.
UPSC EPFO 2022 Exam Pattern
UPSC EPFO Answer Key & Question Paper 2022:
- Recruitment Test (RT): Pen & Paper based
UPSC EPFO 2022 Exam will be conducted in two phases which are given below:
The UPSC EPFO Exam pattern involves two stages.
- The first stage involves carrying Objective type questions, and in the second stage, there will be an interview.
- To shortlist the candidate for the interview, a pen and paper-based written Test will be conducted by the commission.
- Recruitment Test (RT)
The UPSC EPFO Recruitment Test (RT) will be pen and paper-based and the candidates who qualify recruitment test will be eligible for the interview round. The date and other details regarding the interview will be announced on the Official website in due course. The final selection of a candidate will be based on the marks obtained in Recruitment Test and Interview.
Scheme of UPSC EPFO Recruitment Test (RT):
- The test will be of two hours duration
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- The test will be objective type questions with multiple choices of answers.
- The medium of the test will be both Hindi and English.
- There will be penalty for wrong answers. Every wrong answer will carry a deduction of one-third of the marks assigned to that question.
- If no answer is marked for a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
UPSC EPFO 2022 Recruitment Test Syllabus
Table of Contents
The following topics are asked in UPSC EPFO Exam:
- General English- To evaluate candidate’s understanding of English language & workman like use of words.
- Indian Freedom Struggle.
- Current Events and Developmental Issues.
- Indian Polity & Economy.
- General Accounting Principles.
- Industrial Relations & Labour Laws.
- General Science & knowledge of Computer applications.
- General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude.
- Social Security in India.
- Syllabus for General English:
Phrase replacement, Reading comprehension, Sentence completion/ para completion, Cloze Test, Error Spotting, Fill in the Blanks, Para Jumbles, Phrases/ Idioms, Spellings, Synonyms/Antonyms.
- Syllabus for Indian Freedom Struggle:
- British extension:
The Carnatic Wars, invasion of Bengal. Mysore and its confrontation with British expansion: The three Anglo-Maratha Wars. Regulating and Pitt’s India Acts. Early composition of the British raj.
- Confrontation to British rule:
Early uprisings, The 1857 Revolt-reasons, character, course and result, Indian Freedom struggle the first stage: Growth of national consciousness; creation of Associations; Establishment of the Indian National Congress and its Moderate stage; Swadeshi Movement; Economic Nationalism; The development of Extremism and the split in Congress; The policy of Divide and Rule; Congress-League Pact of 1916.
- Gandhian thoughts and techniques of mass mobilization:
Civil Disobedience, the Khilafat movement, Non-Cooperation Movement, and Quit India Movement; another strand in the National Movement-Revolutionaries, Subhash Chandra Bose, and the Indian National Army.
- Syllabus for Current Events & Developmental Issues:
Current events basically refer to as the daily current affairs that are important from an exam point of view. Developmental Issues confine to the schemes and laws made public by the government to maintain the decorum and for the ease of run of the constitution. Developmental issues also cover the yojana’s revealed by the government for the betterment of the public.
- Syllabus for Indian Polity & Economy
- Indian Polity:
Indian Constitution, historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, the conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these, Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes, Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures. Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues/
- Indian Economy:
Economic growth and development – basic concept and definition of economy and economics, use and transfer of resources, distributive effects, macro and microeconomic policy, micro-macro balance, distributive impact of economic policies, Inclusion – definition, relevance, types, financial inclusion, recent initiatives. Fiscal policy – definition, component, receipts, revenue and capital account, tax revenue, expenditure, budget.
- Syllabus for General Accounting principles
Principles of Accounting, Analyzing & Recording Transactions, Adjustments & Financial Statements, Completion of the accounting cycles, Subsidiary Ledgers and Special Journals.
- Syllabus for Industrial Relations & Labour Laws
- Labour Laws:
About, Types, Areas implemented, sectors applicable, overview.
- Industrial Relations:
Industrial relations code (IRC) Bill, Model of labour reforms.
- Syllabus for General Science & Knowledge of Computer Applications
- General Science:
Physics, Chemistry, Life Science
- Computer Applications
Computer organisations, Operating Systems, Database management, Data structures, Data communications, Computer networks
- Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude & General Mental Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude:
Number Systems, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Average Ratio, SI & CI and Arithmatic questions.
- General Mental Ability:
Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables), Data sufficiency Syllogism, Puzzles & More.
- Syllabus for Social Security In India
What is Social Security?, History of Social security, Social Security in India, Social Security: Constitutional Provisions Concurrent List, Part IV Directive Principles of State Policy, Difference between Organized and Unorganized Sectors SOCIAL SECURITY LAWS in India, Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 (ESI Act), Employees’ Provident Funds Act, 1952, Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923 (WC Act), Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 (M.B. Act), Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 (P.G. Act), Social Security In India: Different From Developed Nations, Provident Fund.
UPSC EPFO 2022 Interview
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) recruits Enforcement Officer (EO)/Account Officers (AO) in the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) under the Ministry of Labor & Employment, through a common entrance exam – UPSC EPFO EO/AO.
Important points of the Interview:
- In the interview the EPFO candidate can be asked anything from your syllabus, background, work experience and hobbies.
- But current affairs and general knowledge is mostly liked by the interview panel.
- The interview panel of this exam comprises the most experienced, unbiased, and knowledgeable members.
In this article, we have laid down the entire UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2022. Every candidate must have a nice look at the subject matter in order to excel in this test. Hope the contents of this article helps aspirants looking forward to taking this exam.
Other Useful Articles: