BPSC 2022 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
BPSC 2022 Syllabus and Exam Pattern: The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) is made by the Constitution of India to select applicants for civil service jobs in the Indian state of Bihar according to the merits of the candidates. it was established on the 1st April 1949 after its separation from the Commission for the States of Orissa and Madhya Pradesh. It is a Constitutional Body under Article 315 of the Constitution of India.
The Bihar Public Service Commission initially began its functioning for the State of Bihar with its headquarters at Ranchi. The State Government decided to shift the headquarters of the Commission from Ranchi to Patna and it was finally shifted to Patna on 1st March 1951. The first Chairman of the Bihar Public Service Commission was Shri Rajandhari Sinha. Shri Radha Krishna Choudhary was the first Secretary to the Commission.
The Mandate of the Bihar Public Service Commission:
- Recruitment by the conduct of Competitive Examinations/ through interviews to the services of the State Government.
- Advising the State Government on the suitability of officers on appointment on promotion as well as transfer from one service to the other.
- Advising the State Government on the matters related to recruitment to various services and posts, framing and amendment of Recruitment Rules.
- Advising the State Government in all disciplinary cases relating to different civil services.
- Advising the State Government in the matter of grant of extraordinary pension, reimbursement of legal expenses, etc.
- Advising the State Government on any matter referred to the Commission by the Governor of Bihar.
Recruitment is Made by Two Methods –
- Direct Recruitment – Direct recruitment is made mainly by way of conducting the competitive examination in which the selection is done on the basis of either of the following procedures:
- Main (Written) Examination and Interview of the successful candidates of the Preliminary Test prescribed under rules.
- Written Examination and Interview.
- Promotion – Promotion is granted to civil servants through the Departmental Promotion Committee (under the chairmanship of the Commission) constituted for the same and in accordance with the rules framed by the State Government.
Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) will release the official notification for the Combined Competitive Examination (CCE) 2022. The examination will be conducted for recruiting eligible candidates for various posts in departments/ministries under the Bihar government like Deputy Commissioner, Assistant Director, and Superintendent of Police, Commerce Tax Officer, Election Officer, Revenue Officer, Welfare Officer & Others. It is also known by other names like Bihar Provincial Civil Service (PCS) Exam or Bihar Civil Services Exam, it is a highly competitive exam. The examination will conduct in three phases – Preliminary, Main, and interview. There are complete details about Application Form, Exam Date, and Online Notification for Important date, Syllabus, Admit Card, Result, the Interview process.
Bihar Civil Services 2022 Exam Pattern
BPSC Conducts the Combined Competitive Examination in three phases. Find below all details related to Bihar BPSC Recruitment 2022 Exam Pattern:
- Bihar BPSC Recruitment 2022 Preliminary Exam:
- This exam will be conducted through offline (pen and paper) mode.
- This is a General Studies paper, it consists of Objective Type and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) of total 150 marks Duration 2 hours.
- Bihar Civil Services 2022 Main Exam:
- The Main exam will consist of 4 papers.
- Hindi exam is of 100 marks, 3 hours.
- General Studies (Paper I) is of 300 mark, 3 hour.
- General Studies (Paper II) is of 300 mark, 3 hour.
- Optional Subject is of 300 marks, 3 hours.
- Candidates are required to qualify a minimum of 30% marks in Hindi, however; these marks will not be considered while preparing the final merit list.
- For the optional subject, candidates are required to select one subject from the list of available subjects for the Main examination.
- Bihar Civil Services 2022 Interview
- Candidates will get the invitation for the interview after qualifying the main exam.
BPSC 2022 Preliminary Exam Syllabus
- Current Events of National and International importance.
- General Science.
- History of India and salient features of the history of Bihar.
- General geography and geographical division of Bihar and its major river systems.
- Indian Polity.
- Economy, Major changes in the economy of Bihar post-independence.
- Indian National Movement and the contribution of Bihar.
- General Mental Ability.
BPSC 2022 Mains Exam Syllabus:
- Hindi –The paper will consist of questions on essay writing (30 marks), grammar (30 marks), sentence syntax (25 marks), and precis-writing/summary (15 marks). Questions will be of the Secondary Level of Bihar School Examination Board.
- General Studies (Paper I) –Current events of national and international importance, the modern history of India and Indian culture, and statistical analysis, graphs & diagrams.
- General Studies (Paper-II) –Indian Polity, India Economy and Geography of India, and the role and impact of science and technology in the development of India.
- Optional Subject –Candidates have to select from one of the optional subjects for this paper.
List of Optional Subject:
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Labour and Social Welfare
- Mechanical Engineering
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- English Language & Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Urdu Language & Literature
- Bengali Language & Literature
- Sanskrit Language & Literature
- Persian Language & Literature
- Arabic Language & Literature
- Pali Language & Literature
- Maithili Language and Literature
Bihar Civil Services Exam 2022 Recommended Books:
- History: NCERT + Spectrum Rajiv Ahir + Relevant Chapters from Lucent GK
- Geography: NCERT + Atlas is a must for Map-Based Questions Practice
- Polity/Economics: NCERT for both Economics and Political Science and For Polity if the aspirant is preparing from Laxmikanth – need not go into details, an overview is sufficient
- GK: Lucent General knowledge
- Current Affairs: GK Today Website
In the above article, we have discussed the complete BPSC 2022 Exam Pattern & Syllabus in detail. Every candidate is suggested to go through the syllabus before starting their preparation. It is hoped that the contents of the above article end up being helpful to all the aspirants eyeing this test.
Other useful Articles:
- SSC CGL 2022 notification out- check Vacancy, exam pattern, post details
- Change-makers in education fellowship 2022- Know Dates, Eligibility criteria, etc.
- UPSC Booklist by Toppers – Satyam Gandhi
- SSC Stenographer 2022 Exam Date, Notification, Application
- BPSC Project Manager Mains Exam Date 2022 released, Check Syllabus
- NIRF University Ranking 2022- Management, Law, Engineering
- India Post Office Recruitment 2022- 98,083 Bumper Vacancies
- SSC JE 2022 Exam Syllabus in detail
- CSBC Bihar Prohibition Constable Recruitment 2022
- SSC JE 2022 Notification out – Check Details and Apply