SSC MTS 2022 Exam
SSC MTS 2022 Exam Details: The Staff Selection Commission of India will conduct MTS 2022 for selecting candidates for the position of Multi-Purpose Staff in several departments of the government. It is relatively much easier than other SSC Exams, as the minimum education qualification for this exam is 10th pass.
In this article, we have laid down detailed information on the SSC MTS 2022 Exam, and it is recommended to every candidate that they have a nice look at this before taking this exam.
SSC MTS 2022 Exam Basic Info
The table below lists some basic details of SSC MTS 2022:
|Exam Name||SSC MTS|
|SSC MTS Full Form||Staff Selection Commission-Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Examination|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Paper-I: Online, Paper-II: Offline|
|Exam Duration||Paper -I: 90 minutes, Paper -II: 30 minutes|
|Exam Purpose||Selection of candidates for Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial posts|
|Exam Language||English, Hindi, and other regional languages|
SSC MTS 2022 Important Dates
The table below lists all the important events against their respective dates:
|Official notification will be released||1st week of April 2022|
|Online application form starts from||2nd week of April 2022|
|Last date for applying online||2nd week of May 2022|
|Last date for making online fee payment||2nd week of May 2022|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||2nd week of May 2022|
|Last date for payment through Challan||1st week of June 2022|
|Admit Card for MTS exam||last week of July 2022|
|SSC MTS Exam (Paper-I)||1st week of September 2022 (CBE)|
|Paper-II exam||3rd week of November 2022 (Descriptive paper)|
|Final Result||To be notified later.|
SSC MTS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be a citizen of India or should be a subject of Bhutan or Nepal.
- A Tibetan refugee who came here before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle here permanently.
- Candidate must have passed the 10th exam (High school) from a recognized board.
- Candidate pursuing 10th will also be eligible subject to the submission of certificates whenever asked.
- Age must be within 18-25 years as on 01.08.2022. Age relaxation will be applied for reserved categories as per the norms prescribed.
- Date of birth mentioned in the Matriculation (10th) certificate or equivalent exam will be taken into consideration for age count.
|Category||Max. Age Limit|
|Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir|
SSC MTS 2022 Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission determines the exam pattern of multi-tasking staff examination.
|Paper 1||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based Exam||90 minutes|
|Paper 2||Descriptive Paper||Offline||30 minutes|
SSC MTS Paper I Pattern
- The paper comprises of objective type multiple-choice questions.
- The duration of the exam is 1.5 hours.
- Following table shows the marks distribution of the paper:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration for General candidates||Total Duration for PWD candidates|
|General English||25||25||90 Minutes||120 Minutes|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
SSC MTS Paper-II Pattern
- Paper II is a descriptive paper and qualifying in nature. It tests the elementary language skills of the candidates.
- The paper consists of one question on short essay writing/letter writing in English or any language included in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution.
- Paper II will be of 50 marks
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Total Duration for General candidates||Total Duration for PWD candidates|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any language included in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution||50||30 minutes||40 minutes|
- Paper I consists of 100 questions; each question will carry 1 mark each.
- Negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Paper II is of qualifying nature and will only test candidates’ elementary skills. It will have a maximum mark of 50. Only those who qualify the paper I will be eligible to write Paper II.
SSC MTS Formula to Calculate Marks
Total Score= (Number of correct answers*1) – (Number of correct answers*0.25)
SSC MTS 2022 Syllabus
Below is a topic-wise break up of all the sections that will be covered in SSC MTS 2022 Exam:
|Sections||SSC MTS Syllabus|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Similarities and Differences, Space Visualization, Problem Solving, Analysis, Judgment, Decision Making, Visual Memory, Observation, Relationship Concepts, Figure Classification, Arithmetical Number Series, Non-Verbal Series, Arithmetical Computation, Analytical Functions etc.|
|Numerical Aptitude Syllabus||Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions, Relationship between Numbers, Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Use of Tables and Graphs, Mensuration, Time And Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.|
|General Awareness||Questions will be set to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness about the world around him and of the political environment of the country. The test will also include questions on current events and India’s recent economic and social policies. Candidates should also keep themselves updated on India’s relations/agreements with the neighbouring countries. Apart from that, candidates should cover the following topics:|
Indian Constitution, Booker, and National, Award-Winning Books, History, Culture, Awards and Honours, Current Affairs, Science – Inventions & Discoveries. Important Financial & Economic News
|English Language||Candidates will be tested on their understanding of the Basics of English Language, Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage etc. Along with that, candidates will be tested on his/her writing ability.|
Section-wise topics and their weightage
Below we have discussed a number of questions from each topic of each section, that you can expect to face in the SSC MTS 2022 Exam.
Syllabus of General Intelligence and Reasoning
|Chapters||Number of questions|
|Arranging word in a meaningful order||1-2|
|Verbal and non-verbal reasoning||5-6|
Syllabus of Numerical Aptitude
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Ratio and proportion||1-2|
|Problem on Age||0-1|
|Speed distance and time||2-3|
|Profit and loss||5-7|
|Time and work||1-3|
Syllabus of General English
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Reading comprehension||5 (1 passage)|
|Fill in the blanks||3|
|Phrases or idioms||3|
|One word substitution||3|
Syllabus of General Awareness
|Topics||No. Of Questions|
SSC MTS 2022 Application Process
Candidates can apply for SSC MTS in two parts – one-time registration and application. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to fill the application form for Staff Selection Commission-Multi Tasking Staff (SSC MTS) exam:
Part-I: SSC MTS Registration
Before commencing with the application process, candidates need to register themselves on the official website of the commission. For the same, candidates can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of SSC – ssc.nic.in
- Click on the Register Now link
- Fill all details asked in the registration form such as:
|Candidate’s name||Father’s name|
|Date of birth||Category|
|Permanent address||Email ID|
|Class X board name||Class X roll number|
|Class X passing year||Level of educational qualification|
|ID proof number||Mobile number|
- Click on Save
- Upload scanned images of photo and signature as per the below-mentioned specifications:
SSC MTS Document
|File Dimension (in cm)||File Size (in KB)|
- Click on the Save Draft button
- Click on the Final Submit button
- Enter the One-Time Password (OTP) received on the registered mobile number or email ID
- Click on the Submit button
- Note down the system-generated registration ID
- Note down the password sent on registered email ID
Part-II: SSC MTS Application
Once successfully registered, candidates will be re-directed to the SSC MTS application window. Thereafter, candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to fill the SSC MTS application form 2021:
- Click on the Apply button
- Fill all details asked in the application form such as:
|Educational qualification||Three preferences for exam centre|
- Click on the declaration at the end of the page
- Verify all the details provided in the online form
- Click on the Submit button
- Pay SSC MTS application fee in online mode through BHIM UPI/internet banking or by using credit/debit card of Visa/Mastercard/Maestro/RuPay. Candidates can also pay the fee in offline mode via SBI challan.
|Category||SSC MTS Application Fee 2020|
|General/Other Backward Class (OBC)||Rs 100|
|Women (of all categories)/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disability (PwD)/Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||Nil|
Once the fee is successfully paid, the candidates’ SSC MTS application process will be complete.
SSC MTS 2022 Books
Candidates can take guidance from the SSC MTS books listed below for the topics covered in the exam
|English||Plinth to Paramount |
Wren & Martin (for basics)
|Quantitative Aptitude|| Kiran Previous Year|
quicker Maths (M. Tyra)
| Kiran’s Publications|
BSC Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd.
|General Awareness||Lucent’s Objective General Knowledge |
Lucent’s G.K paperback
Dr.Binay Karna, Sanjeev Kumar and Manwendra Mukul
SSC MTS Exam Day Instructions
Carry a printed copy of your SSC MTS Admit Card, two passport-sized recent color photographs, and a valid ID proof to the SSC MTS 2021 exam center.
- The ID proofs which are approved by the conducting authority are Aadhar, driving license, university or college ID card, voter ID card or Pan card.
- Candidates must remember that they are not allowed to carry the following items in the exam centre: Watches (timers, wristwatch, etc.), books, pens, paper chits, magazines, electronic items (such as mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, pen camera or buttonhole camera, scanner, calculator, pen drives, hard drives, CDs or other storage devices).
- Pens, pencils and papers required for rough work would be provided by the centre in the exam hall.
- A wall clock will be made available in the classroom so candidates need not worry about managing time.
- Please note that if any candidate is found carrying any of these prohibited items inside the examination hall, the candidate will be barred from the SSC MTS examination for three years.
- No family members, friends, guardians, or associates will be allowed with candidates inside the examination centre.
- Candidates will be frisked before they enter the classroom where the exam is scheduled. After they enter clear the security check to make sure they are not carrying any of the prohibited items, they will be asked to lead to their classrooms.
- A separate frisking area will be arranged for female candidates. All candidates will be frisked by female personnel only. The process is compulsory for all candidates.
- No candidate is allowed to leave the examination room before the completion of the exam.
- If a candidate leaves the examination room without the permission of exam invigilator, he/she will not be allowed to enter the examination hall and will be debarred from this exam.
- Please make sure that you sign the Attendance sheet when it is circulated in the examination hall.
NOTE: Candidates must note that they are to avoid talking to each other or indulging in any unfair means as it would lead to direct cancellation of your candidature and debarment from future SSC Exams.
This article discusses SSC MTS 2022 Exam in details. Every candidate is suggested to go through the aforementioned information very carefully. It is hoped that the contents of this article result to be helpful to all the candidates.
Other Useful Articles:
- SBI PO Syllabus 2021- Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- MP SI 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- UPPSC Syllabus 2022 and Exam Pattern
- UPPSC Exam 2022 Notification, Dates, Pattern, Syllabus, Result
- UGC NET 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- UGC NET Exam 2021 Details – About, Dates, Syllabus, Timing, Pattern
- UPTET Exam 2021- Notification, Date, Pattern, Syllabus
- SSC JE 2022 Exam Notification, Exam date, Pattern, Syllabus
- SSC JE 2022 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- SSC Selection Post Phase 9 Notification, Exam Details, Dates, Pattern, Posts