About NDA 2022 Exam
NDA 2022 Exam Details: National Defence Academy (NDA) is a national-level defence entrance exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice a year. The exam is conducted to recruit the candidates for the Army, Navy, and Air Force wings of the Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) and National Defence Academy (NDA).
The UPSC NDA exam is conducted in two stages- Written Test and SSB Interview. The candidates who clear the written exam with the minimum qualifying marks will be shortlisted for the SSB Interview round in Intelligence and Personality Test.
NDA 2022 Exam Basic Info
The table below lists some basic details of NDA 2022:
|Full-Form of NDA||National Defence Academy (NDA) Exam|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Frequency||Twice a Year|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Eligibility Criteria||Unmarried Male candidates who have passed Class XII from a recognized board|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Duration||Mathematics: 2 hours 30 minutes|
General Ability Test: 2 hours 30 minutes
|Number of cities for exam centres||75|
|Selection Process||Written TestSSB Interview|
NDA 2022 Important Dates
The NDA Exam Dates 2022 are yet to be announced. The dates and events are prone to change as per the commission orders. Given below are the tentative exam dates for both the phases of the NDA Exam based on the previous year pattern of the exam dates:
|Events||NDA (I)||NDA (II)|
|Release of NDA Notification||December 22, 2021||May 18, 2022|
|Availability of NDA Application forms||December 22, 2021||May 18, 2022|
|Last day to apply for NDA 2022||January 11, 2022||June 14, 2022|
|Withdrawal of application||To Be Notified||To Be Notified|
|Availability of admit card||March 2022||August 2022|
|NDA Exam Date||April 10, 2022||September 04, 2022|
|Result Declaration||June 2022||November 2022|
|SSB interview||To Be Notified||To Be Notified|
NDA Vacancy Details (for 2021)
The number of vacancies for the NDA 2022 is yet to be released. A total of 400 vacancies are usually announced for the various wings of the Indian army. The breakdown of the vacancies announced for the year 2021 is tabulated below:
|148th National Defence Academy (Indian Army)||208|
|148th National Defence Academy (Indian Navy)||42|
|148th National Defence Academy (Indian Air Force)||120|
|110th Indian Naval Academy Course||30|
NDA 2022 Exam Eligibility Criteria
The aspiring candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the NDA Exam. The eligibility criteria are a crucial part of the NDA exam else the candidature stands cancelled. The NDA Eligibility Criteria is discussed below in detail.
- The Individual must be an Indian citizen, or
- He may be a subject of Nepal, a subject of Bhutan, or
- He is a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1st, 1962 with an intention of permanently settling in India.
- Individuals of Indian origin who have migrated from the countries – Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African countries – Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with an intention of permanent settlement.
- The certificate of eligibility is issued by the government of India to the Indian citizens and subjects of Nepal.
- Certificate of eligibility issued to the foreign nationals is not necessary to be produced by the Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Age Limit and Relaxation
- For the NDA (I) 2022 exam, the candidates who are born not before 2nd July 2003 and not after 1st July, 2006 are eligible.
- For the NDA (II) 2022 exam, the candidates born between 2nd January 2004 and 1st January 2007 are eligible.
- The candidates who are of 16 1/5 years or above and not more than 191/5 years are eligible for the exam.
- The candidate must write the date of birth as mentioned in the matriculate certificate, secondary school leaving certificate or any other equivalent certification recognised by the Indian University. No other document for proof of date of birth will be accepted by the commission.
Sex & Marital Status
- The exam is only eligible for male candidates who fall under the above-mentioned age criteria.
- Both male and female candidates must be unmarried throughout the selection process as well as till the training is completed.
- If a candidate marries before training, they will not be selected.
- If a candidate marries during training, he/she will be discharged and liable to pay all the expenditure incurred on him during the training by the government.
- Candidates who are 12th class pass under the 10+2 pattern of education from any state board or equivalent examination are eligible for the Army wing of the National Defence Academy.
- For the Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy, candidates must have a 12th pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or appear in one, of a 10+2 pattern of school education from any state board or equivalent.
Those clearing the NDA & NA 2022 SSB interview round will be called for the NDA physical fitness or medical test round. In this stage the physical and mental state of the candidate will be tested by the authorities. If they fail to meet the prescribed medical standards by the authorities they will be disqualified. Check some of the NDA 2022 physical standards in the tables below:
Indian Army & Air Force Height and Weight Requirement
|Height (in cm)||Age in years|
|16 – 17||17 – 18||18 – 19|
|Weight (in kg)|
Indian Navy Height and Weight Requirements
|Height (in cm)||Age in years|
|Weight (in kg)|
Indian Navy Vision requirement
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6, 6/6|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||1.5|
|Limits of colour perception||I|
Indian Air Force Vision requirement
|Minimum distant vision||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass (for Hypermetropia)||6/6, 6/6|
|Sph Manifest Myopia||Nil|
|Retinoscopic Myopia||0.5 in any Meridian permitted|
|Astigmatism||+ 0.75 D Cyl (within + 2.0 D maximum)|
|Maddox Rod Test at 6 meters||Exo-6 prism DEso-6 prism DHyper-1 prism DHypro-1 prism D|
|Maddox Rod Test at 33 cms||Exo-16 prism DEso-6 prism DHyper-1 prism DHypo-1 prism D|
NDA 2022 Exam Pattern
- The NDA 2022 exam will be conducted in two meetings. There will be two papers in the NDA exam Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT).
- The exam is conducted in an objective pattern. The questions are provided in both English and Hindi.
- 2.5 hours will be given for each exam.
- Paper I consists of 120 questions and is of 300 marks. The first exam starts at 10 a.m. till 12:30 p.m. One can refer to the syllabus section for the distribution of topics.
- Paper II has 150 questions and is of 600 marks. The second exam starts at 2 p.m. till 4:30 p.m.
The NDA Exam Pattern is tabulated below in detail:
|Paper||Mathematics||General Ability Test (GAT)|
|Exam Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|No. of sections||1||2 (English and General Knowledge)|
|Total no. of questions||120||150|
|Total marks||300||600 (English (200) + GK (400))|
|Marking scheme||+ 2.5 for correct answer -0.83 for incorrect answer||+4 for correct answer -1.33 for incorrect answer|
|Medium||English and Hindi||English for the English section. English and Hindi for the GK section|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
NDA 2022 Interview
After the successful conclusion of written test, candidates who will be selected in the result/ merit list can go for SSB interview process. The SSB interview process will be of two stages – Stage I and Stage II.
Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are picture perception & description test (PP & DT). Stage II comprises of interview, group testing officer tasks, psychology test and the conference. These tests will be organised over 4 days.
NDA 2022 Syllabus
The candidates preparing for the NDA exam must be thoroughly clear with the exam syllabus. The NDA Exam is one of the most competitive exams in the country.
The candidates must be clear enough with the NDA Exam Syllabus to clear the exam with ease. The section-wise syllabus for the NDA Exam is discussed below:
The syllabus for the NDA 2022 Mathematics section is as follows:
|Analytical Geometry of Two & Three Dimensions||Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system.Distance formula.Equation of a line in various forms.The angle between the two lines.The distance of a point from a line.Equation of a circle in standard and in a general form.Standard forms of parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.Eccentricity and axis of a conic.A point in a three-dimensional space, the distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios.Equation two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios.Equation of a plane and a line in various forms.The angle between two lines and the angle between two planes. Equation of a sphere.|
|Algebra||Concept of set, operations on sets.Venn diagrams.De Morgan laws, Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation. Representation of real numbers on a line.Complex numbers—basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity. Binary system of numbers.Conversion of a number in the decimal system to binary system and vice-versa.Arithmetic, 19 Geometric and Harmonic progressions.Quadratic equations with real coefficients. The solution of linear inequalities of two variables by graphs.Permutation and Combination.Binomial theorem and its applications. Logarithms and their applications.|
|Trigonometry||Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians.Trigonometric ratios.Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles.Inverse trigonometric functions.Applications-Height and distance, properties of triangles.|
|Matrices & Determinants||Types of matrices, operations on matrices.The determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinants.Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications-Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.|
General Ability Test (GAT) Syllabus
The exam syllabus for the various sections in the NDA General Ability Test (GAT) is tabulated below:
|English||Grammar and usage, vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English|
|Physics (Section A)||Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume, Density, and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer.The motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy.Effects of Heat, Measurement of Temperature and Heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat.Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments. Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection, and refraction.Spherical mirrors and Lenses, Human Eye. Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet.Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Nonconductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells, Use of X-Rays. General Principles in the working of the following: Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightning Conductors, Safety Fuses.|
|Chemistry (Section B)||Physical and Chemical changes. Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems). Properties of Air and Water.Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide, Oxidation and Reduction. Acids, bases, and salts.Carbon—different forms.Fertilizers—Natural and Artificial.The material used in the preparation of substances like Soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches and GunPowder.Elementary ideas about the structure of Atom, Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency|
|General Science (Section C)||Difference between the living and nonliving. Basis of Life—Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues.Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals. Elementary knowledge of the Human Body and its important organs.Common Epidemics, their causes, and prevention.Food—Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet.The Solar System—Meteors and Comets, Eclipses. Achievements of Eminent Scientists|
NDA 2022 Application Process
The steps to fill the NDA Application Form 2022 are as follows:
Step 1: Visit the official website of UPSC.
Step 2: Click on “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC”.
Step 3: Click on “Click Here for PART I” and read the instructions carefully and click on “Yes”.
Step 4: On page 1 fill in the details such as name, gender, date of birth, parents’ name, nationality, etc., and click on “continue”.
Step 5: On page 2, select the numbers from 1 to 4 or mark ‘0’ if you do not want to give any preference. Those who are from Sainik/Military School or Son of JCO/NCO/Other Rank Officer must fill pages 3 & page 4.
Step 6: Pay the application fees via any online payment mode at your convenience.
Step 7: Select the examination centre and upload a Photograph and Signature.
Step 8: Download the application form and take a printed copy for future reference.
NDA 2022 Application Fees
- The application fee for the NDA Exam is INR 100.
- SC and ST candidates are exempted from paying the application fees.
- The application fees can be through online mode or by depositing the money in any branch of SBI Bank.
NDA 2022 Exam Admit Card
UPSC releases the NDA Admit Card on the official website three weeks prior to the exam. The NDA Admit card bears the exam related details like the student’s name, roll number, exam centre, exam date & timing, etc. The candidates will not be permitted to appear in the examination without their admit card.
Steps to Download NDA Admit Card 2022
The steps to download the NDA Admit Card are as follows:
- Visit the official website of UPSC.
- Search and Click on the link ‘Download NDA Admit Card 2022’.
- You will be redirected to an instruction page, read it carefully and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Another page will open with options for Roll number or Registration number, choose either and in the fill your date of birth in the text box.
- Also, a CAPTCHA image will appear, enter the image that you see. Click on submit.
- A soft copy of your NDA Admit card will appear.
- Click on print and download the admit card.
NDA 2022 Exam Centres
The NDA exam is conducted in multiple states and the candidates are allotted centres according to the preferences they fill in the application form.
- The allotment of centres is done on a first-apply-first-allot basis.
- If the desired centres are not allotted due to full capacity at some of the centres, the candidate has to choose another centre.
The exam centres have limited seats, for which candidates are advised to apply early to get their preferred exam centre.
The NDA 2022 Exam Centres are tabulated below:
|List of NDA Exam Centres 2022|
This article discusses NDA 2022 Exam in details. Every candidate is suggested to go through the aforementioned information very carefully. It is hoped that the contents of this article result to be helpful to all the candidates.
Other Usefual Articles
- RRB NTPC Syllabus 2022 for CBT-1 & CBT-2
- LIC AAO Exam 2022 Syllabus Prelims and Mains
- LIC AAO Exam 2022 Notification Date, Exam Date, Selection Process, Exam Pattern
- SSC CPO Exam Syllabus 2022 in detail
- SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2022 in detail
- Biography of Ratan Tata- Early Life, Career, Important Lessons
- Air India Deal – History, Alliance and Tata Connection
- SBI PO Syllabus 2021- Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- MP SI 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- UPPSC Syllabus 2022 and Exam Pattern