SSC CPO Exam 2022 details about Exam Dates, Selection process, Eligibility criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
About SSC CPO Exam 2022
SSC or The Staff Selection Commission commences CPO Central Police Organization in order to make recruitment on the sub-inspector post in Delhi Police, Assistant Sub Inspectors in CISF, and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs). You may be interested in performing well in the examination to gain the post.
In this article, we have discussed SSC CPO 2022 Exam in great detail. Interested candidates are suggested to have a nice look at it.
SSC CPO Exam 2022 Basic Info
The table below lists the basic details of SSC CPO 2022 Exam.
|Exam Name||SSC CPO 2022|
|Name of Post||Sub-Inspector (Male/ Female), Sub-Inspector (GD), ASI (Executive)|
|Conducted body||SSC (Staff Selection Commission)|
|Exam purpose||To select candidates for Sub-Inspector (SI) and Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) post|
|Exam stages||Paper 1, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper 2 and Detailed Medical Examination (DME)|
SSC CPO Exam 2022 Important Dates
Candidates who are willing to take part in SSC CPO 2022 can check the table below for all the important dates. Dates provided below are tentative and subject to change.
|Start to submit Application Form||September|
|CPO Last Date for a submission Form||October|
|CPO Last Date Submit Online Fee||October|
|SSC CPO 2022 Paper I Conduct On||December|
|Result Announced for Paper-1 Exam||Not Update|
|SSC CPO 2022 PET, PST & Medical Test date||July to July|
|Final Result will be declared||To Be Announced|
SSC CPO Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Now, if we talk about the eligibility criteria of the SSC CPO Exam, we must know that there is a multi-level of criteria with relaxations for special categories. The candidates must meet the declared eligibility of nationality, age limit, and educational qualification. These are the minimum eligibility criteria for filling up the application form for the SSC CPO Examination.
Other than Indian citizens, the following candidates can apply:
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan having a certificate in favour of their category issued by the Indian Government
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary will be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
The candidates have to be of a certain age to be able to appear for the SSC CPO exam. However, certain categories of students also get age relaxations.
- Minimum Age Limit – 20 years
- Maximum Age Limit – 25 years
- There are no special educational criteria to be eligible for the SSC CPO recruitment exam. However, candidates need a Graduation degree in any discipline from an authorized University or any equivalent degree recognized as such by the Central Government on or before 01-Jan-2022.
- For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police (only) – Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) as on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Standard Tests. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to undergo Physical Endurance and Standard Tests.
SSC CPO Exam 2022 Selection Process
SSC CPO selection process consists of 5 stages:
- Paper-I (online written test)
- Physical Test (PET & PST)
- Paper-II (written test)
- Medical Exam
- Document Verification/Final Selection.
\SSC CPO 2022 Exam Pattern
SSC CPO exam pattern is such that it consists of Paper 1, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper 2, and Detailed Medical Examination (DME). All these stages of the examination are mandatory. The details of the exam pattern are as follows:
SSC CPO Exam Pattern for Paper 1
- All successful applicants will be able to appear in Paper-I
- The Paper 1 consists of 4 sections.
- Each section will have 50 questions.
- The paper will have a total of 200 objective-type questions.
- The duration of the test is 2 hours.
- The total marks of the test are 200.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern for Paper 2
SSC CPO Paper-2 will be conducted after the PET/PST Test for SSC CPO 2022 is conducted.
- The total time duration of the exam is 120 minutes i.e 2 hours.
- The total number of questions asked will be around 200 and the maximum marks for Paper-2 will be 200
- The test will be of English Language and Comprehension conducted online.
SSC CPO Exam 2022 Syllabus
The SSC CPO syllabus is not very vast and there are only four main subjects. These four subjects consist of multiple topics and it is important for the aspirants to cover all the topics.
|General Reasoning||Verbal Reasoning, Syllogism, Circular Seating Arrangement, Linear Seating Arrangement, Double Lineup, Scheduling,|
Input-Output, Blood Relations, Directions and Distances, Ordering and Ranking, Data Sufficiency, Coding and Decoding, Code Inequalities
|General Knowledge||Current Affairs, Awards and Honours, Books and Authors, Sports, Entertainment, Obituaries, Important Dates, Scientific Research|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Percentage, Ratio and Percentage, Data Interpretation, Mensuration and Geometry, Quadratic Equation, Interest,|
Problems of Ages, Profit and Loss, Number Series, Speed, Distance and Time, Time and Work, Number System, Data Sufficiency
|English Comprehension||Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, Verbal Ability, Synonyms-Antonyms, Active and Passive Voice, Para Jumbles, Fill in the Blanks, Error Correction|
SSC CPO 2022 Application Process
Candidates follow the steps below to fill the application form of SSC CPO.
Part I: One-Time Registration
Visit the official website of SSC
Read the instructions carefully before registering for the exam
Candidates who are already registered with SSC are not required to register again.
They can use their generated registration number and password for filling the application form directly.
For the one-time registration, click on ‘Register Now’ link
For one-time registration process, candidates need to fill the following details:
- Few critical details such as Aadhaar Number, name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth etc are required to be entered twice.
- Provide information about Aadhaar Number/Aadhaar Enrollment Number/ Identity Card and its number.
- Candidates need to fill their name, mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth as given in the Class 10 certificate.
- Fill Class 10 exam details such as name of education board, roll number and year of passing.
- Enter gender, educational qualification, mobile number and email ID.
- Once the basic details are saved, candidates need to confirm their mobile number and email ID.
- Upon confirmation, registration ID and password will be provided to candidates on their mobile number and email ID.
- Proceed to fill the ‘Additional Details’
Fill in the details such as category, nationality, Identification Mark, information about disabilities if any. Save the information and proceed further to provide contact details.
Candidates must provide information about permanent and present address. Save the data and proceed further to last part of the registration process.
Photo Signature and LTI:
Upload your recent photo, signature, disability certificate if any, Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number. If you do not have Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number, then upload the scanned impression of Left-Hand Thumb. In case a candidate does not have left hand thumb, impression of right hand thumb or Left great toe or right great toe may be used in that order.
The specifications for uploading these documents are given below:
- The colour passport size photograph should be in JPEG format in between 20KB to 50KB.
- Scanned signature should in JPEG format and between 10KB to 20KB.
- The Left Thumb Impression should be in JPEG format between 10KB to 30KB.
- The Disability Certificate should be in JPEG/PDF format in between 20KB to 50KB.
Save the information provided. Candidates have the facility to take draft printout.
Send the draft information to your registered email ID.
Review the information provided thoroughly, before final submit.
Upon clicking final submit, different OTPs will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID.
Candidates need to enter the respective OTPs to complete the registration process.
After submission of basic information, if the registration process is not completed within seven days, the data will be deleted from the system.
After completion of registration process, basic details can be changed only once.
Part II: Online Application Form
- Login to online system through registered email ID and password.
- Click the ‘Apply’ link under the latest notifications tab.
- Information filled during the one-time registration will be auto-filled and is non-editable.
- Give preferences for SSC CPO exam centres. Candidates can choose the examination centres within the same region. They can choose three centers in order of preference.
- If you are ex-serviceman, fill up the required information. Wards of servicemen/ex-servicemen are not treated as ex-servicemen.
- If you are seeking age relaxation, select appropriate age-relaxation category.
- Select your Domicile State/UT and District.
- Candidates need to give their preferences.
- Indicate the highest qualification.
- Information regarding photo, signature, biometric impression will be filled up automatically from the One-Time Registration Data.
- Complete the declaration by clicking ‘I Agree’ check box, fill up captcha code.
- Preview and verify the information and submit the application.
- If candidates are not exempted from fee payment, they need to pay the same through online mode or through SBI Challan. In case, fee is paid through challan, it will get updated within two to three days.
- Take printout of SSC CPO application form.
- Candidates are not required to submit the hard copy of the application form
This article discusses SSC CPO 2022 Exam in details. Every candidate is suggested to go through the aforementioned information very carefully. It is hoped that the contents of this article result to be helpful to all the candidates.